Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

@Anonymous wrote:

If you were catering to a customer, which would impress you more. If the customer pulled out a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or a Capitol One Venture card?

It does say Signature on it, so I know it would have to be a 5K+ limit.  That seems to be the standard with all creditors.  That being said, I would feel pretty confident that anyone that pulls out any Signature card has decent credit.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you were catering to a customer, which would impress you more. If the customer pulled out a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or a Capitol One Venture card?

It does say Signature on it, so I know it would have to be a 5K+ limit.  That seems to be the standard with all creditors.  That being said, I would feel pretty confident that anyone that pulls out any Signature card has decent credit.

Didn't really answer the question I asked... but ... ok.

Message 22 of 47
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, I don't think I'd care. Until I joined this forum I didn't know the difference between the "prestige" of most of the cards out here. I'm pretty sure most people don't. At the end of the day, in the eyes of anyone outside the holder of the card, what matters is the swipe. If the charge is approved, all is well with the world. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 23 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One's prime cards (Venture, Cash rewards, and any of their "Excellent" cards) have limits that go well up to the 30k area. Their prime cards are actually fairly decent, and almost none of the excellent cards have AFs except the venture which gets 2pts/$1 (which is pretty decent if you travel a lot ) . Their prime cards compete easily with some of the other prime lenders when it comes to limits, and they aren't necessarily any easier to get just because they are Capital one. 

People only get impressed by CSP because it's metal, most people who aren't myfico members have no idea of the credit requirements for CSP, as it doesn't say in the commercials. they go "wow, this looks cool..." nothing about "wow, you must have great credit" or "wow, your limit must be awesome." So they would be more impressed with the look of CSP, but it doesn't necessarily make it more exclusive or mean you have a better credit score. 

Message 24 of 47
heirophant
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright, let me spell it out then.  If it says Signature on the card, I would be impressed either way and I would know that is not one of the crap rebuilders.  Chase does not impress me.  They have crappy $300 limits as well.  That is what I started with.  It went to 1k.  I will give them Kudos for that...but then it was stuck there.  The only reason I have 3,500 is that it was combined with an old WAMU account.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 25 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@journey258 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, I don't think I'd care. Until I joined this forum I didn't know the difference between the "prestige" of most of the cards out here. I'm pretty sure most people don't. At the end of the day, in the eyes of anyone outside the holder of the card, what matters is the swipe. If the charge is approved, all is well with the world. 

Excellent point. Although, if the card you are swiping is backed by a bank who doesn't let the card grow with you, maybe it might make a better world to go with another card.

Message 26 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

From what I've read cap1 treats their "prime" customers a lot better when it comes to offers than they do their subprime customers, so as far as I know, venture would def grow with you. I've seen plenty of people with 25-30k limits on cap1 prime cards. 

I'm a subprime card member and they gave me the opportunity to add rewards to my card a week or two after I opened my account, they've been nothing but nice to me. Sometimes I talk to peggy when I call up, but every company has at least one peggy. Most of the time I talk to people who are always willing to help. 

Message 27 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright, let me spell it out then.  If it says Signature on the card, I would be impressed either way and I would know that is not one of the crap rebuilders.  Chase does not impress me.  They have crappy $300 limits as well.  That is what I started with.  It went to 1k.  I will give them Kudos for that...but then it was stuck there.  The only reason I have 3,500 is that it was combined with an old WAMU account.

Have you tried PCing your Chase to a different type of rewards card? They usually give you options unlike Capitol One.

Message 28 of 47
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@journey258 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Excellent point. Although, if the card you are swiping is backed by a bank who doesn't let the card grow with you, maybe it might make a better world to go with another card.

That's my whole point! Get another card. Don't dump on the one that's taken you as far as it can. That's all I'm saying. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 29 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@journey258 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@journey258 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's my whole point! Get another card. Don't dump on the one that's taken you as far as it can. That's all I'm saying. 

And even if you do dump your first card (if it has AF or something) if the company was still the first one to extend you credit you shouldn't hate on them. 

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.