Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

That's my whole point! Get another card. Don't dump on the one that's taken you as far as it can. That's all I'm saying. 

And even if you do dump your first card (if it has AF or something) if the company was still the first one to extend you credit you shouldn't hate on them. 

My first card I built my credit with was a Chase.  <.<

Anyways I'm not here to argue which card is better than the other. My experiences with them were less than what we all would hope for in customer service.... and this was when I had very good credit, in the 750 range. Credit Cards and a Small Business Account. Just sharing my thoughts on it. I apologize if I offended anyone because I tend to be less than sympathetic towards Capitol One. Maybe if they put as much effort into their customer service as they do their corny commercials(Alec Baldwin is a very underrated actor btw), maybe there would not be any posts like this complaining about Capitol One on these boards. Now that would be a better world. 

Message 31 of 47
heirophant
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you were catering to a customer, which would impress you more. If the customer pulled out a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or a Capitol One Venture card?

It does say Signature on it, so I know it would have to be a 5K+ limit.  That seems to be the standard with all creditors.  That being said, I would feel pretty confident that anyone that pulls out any Signature card has decent credit.

Didn't really answer the question I asked... but ... ok.

Alright, let me spell it out then.  If it says Signature on the card, I would be impressed either way and I would know that is not one of the crap rebuilders.  Chase does not impress me.  They have crappy $300 limits as well.  That is what I started with.  It went to 1k.  I will give them Kudos for that...but then it was stuck there.  The only reason I have 3,500 is that it was combined with an old WAMU account.

Have you tried PCing your Chase to a different type of rewards card? They usually give you options unlike Capitol One.

I have not.  However, I did ask for a CLI last month and they denied it.  Saving grace, though, was that it was a SP.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 32 of 47
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's my whole point! Get another card. Don't dump on the one that's taken you as far as it can. That's all I'm saying. 

And even if you do dump your first card (if it has AF or something) if the company was still the first one to extend you credit you shouldn't hate on them. 

My first card I built my credit with was a Chase.  <.<

Anyways I'm not here to argue which card is better than the other. My experiences with them were less than what we all would hope for in customer service.... and this was when I had very good credit, in the 750 range. Credit Cards and a Small Business Account. Just sharing my thoughts on it. I apologize if I offended anyone because I tend to be less than sympathetic towards Capitol One. Maybe if they put as much effort into their customer service as they do their corny commercials(Alec Baldwin is a very underrated actor btw), maybe there would not be any posts like this complaining about Capitol One on these boards. Now that would be a better world. 

I'm definitely not offended, I love good discourse :-) 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 33 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you were catering to a customer, which would impress you more. If the customer pulled out a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or a Capitol One Venture card?

It does say Signature on it, so I know it would have to be a 5K+ limit.  That seems to be the standard with all creditors.  That being said, I would feel pretty confident that anyone that pulls out any Signature card has decent credit.

Didn't really answer the question I asked... but ... ok.

Alright, let me spell it out then.  If it says Signature on the card, I would be impressed either way and I would know that is not one of the crap rebuilders.  Chase does not impress me.  They have crappy $300 limits as well.  That is what I started with.  It went to 1k.  I will give them Kudos for that...but then it was stuck there.  The only reason I have 3,500 is that it was combined with an old WAMU account.

Have you tried PCing your Chase to a different type of rewards card? They usually give you options unlike Capitol One.

Just saying, I did PC my capital one card, and was given the option of miles or cash back Smiley Tongue 

Message 34 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just saying, I did PC my capital one card, and was given the option of miles or cash back Smiley Tongue 

That's Great!!!! Now only if they would give you a CLI.......

Message 35 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's Great!!!! Now only if they would give you a CLI.......

I've had the card ALMOST 2 months. I had a $3000 intitial CL, with a $500 increase coming after my 6th statement. That's almost as high as your discover more, and it was my first credit card ever Smiley Tongue Plus maybe i'll get CLIs after that, who knows. They're treating me very well for my first CC ever. 

Message 36 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love that Cap 1 has the balls to take some chances. When I wanted to get my credit back up I did a ton of research.. 

Not wanting to go app crazy I applied for the Newcomer card.. After 2 months I sent off for a Freedom card and a More card..

So now I have 4 HP and 3 cards (had a TD from Citi).. So at least for me Cap 1 did what I wanted.. Even if I don't get anything over a 750 CL

I'll keep it, it still gives me a lot of good perks, like 1% on everything, extended warranty, a better auto club the the more card,

insurance on rentals, Up to 35% CB if you shop at thr C! website,  etc,,,  What more can you ask for from a low end card?

Message 37 of 47
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Cap1 really reminds me of my first car. I was 17 (1999) and my first car was an old beat up 1982 Datsun pick-up truck. It was a piece of crap but it did it's job, got me from point A to point B. At the time, that's all I could afford. So I saw it as a "builder" car. Now I have a much better car, with a nice radio, rims, subwoofer.... "rewards" if you will...hahaha.

I don't have any bad feelings for my first car, nor bad feelings for Cap one. As you can see in my sig, I have two. I know they won't grow with me and get better, much like the truck. But they did help get me where I am now and I will for sure be ditching Cap one soon, like I did with the truck.

Eventhough, I do appreciate both of them. I DO reserve the right to call them both a piece of CRAP. A bank that rather lose a good customer, rather than grow with them is not a bank I want to continue to do bussiness with. They've made plenty of money on me, but I will be ditching them soon.

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 38 of 47
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Overtime I read the words "crackpot one..."

@Relax wrote:

I've been dealing with using and accepting Credit Cards for over 40 years, both as a well traveled business person and as a merchant. Can't say I've EVER been "impressed" with a plastic credit card (et al). I have been impressed by earned respect by the person, their business or business relationship, but which credit card they buy dinner with? Seriously?

Message 39 of 47
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Overtime I read the words "crackpot one..."

@pipeguy wrote:

@Relax wrote:

I've been dealing with using and accepting Credit Cards for over 40 years, both as a well traveled business person and as a merchant. Can't say I've EVER been "impressed" with a plastic credit card (et al). I have been impressed by earned respect by the person, their business or business relationship, but which credit card they buy dinner with? Seriously?

+1

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.