Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overtime I read the words "crackpot one..."

I for sure feel like the subprime customers get slower growth.  You people have to remember we have these starter cards for a reason(new credit, bad credit etc) so we didn't exactly earn ourselves a 20k credit limit. 

My thought process is;  If you feel like you deserve more than they are willing to give you, apply for a new card and see what you get(whether its with capital one or another lender).  If you have the credit worthyness, you'll get it.  If not, don't blame Capital One for not increasing you after you paid your bill on time for 12 months on a 300 CL.  They aren't looking to put themselves into bad credit losses.

With that said, my parents are Prime and have a 15k Platinum card with them and honestly Capital One has given them several increases, and my parents dont want that much as its not a main card and have to ASK to decrease.

I think Capital One is a godsend for people who neglected their credit and or are new.

I say, Thank you Capital One for helping me rebuild, even with your small CL's

Message 41 of 47
cschick_old
Established Member

Re: Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

@Anonymous wrote:

If you were catering to a customer, which would impress you more. If the customer pulled out a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or a Capitol One Venture card?

Honestly as a Cashier the people I deal with who have AMEX Blacks and Chase Sapphire Preferred's tend to be more of a pain to do business(as a general trend) with to spend the same amount of money as someone with a Capital One or a no name local bank visa/MC credit/debit card. THE ONLY good thing about premium cards for us is that ones that are metal swipe more reliably than plastic. Otherwise as long as the screen says approved auth code **** I could care less what i'm swiping.

FICO: Ex 782(AMEX)
Cards: Amex BCE(2500), Discover(2500), Target (500)
App'd Amex & Target Jul 2012, Gardening til 2013 or beyond
Goals: Visa or MC Rewards Card after first home (2014-2015)
Message 42 of 47
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Overtime I read the words "crackpot one..."

@pipeguy wrote:

@Relax wrote:

If you were catering to a customer, which would impress you more. If the customer pulled out a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or a Capitol One Venture card?

I've been dealing with using and accepting Credit Cards for over 40 years, both as a well traveled business person and as a merchant. Can't say I've EVER been "impressed" with a plastic credit card (et al). I have been impressed by earned respect by the person, their business or business relationship, but which credit card they buy dinner with? Seriously?

+10000000

It is truly a sad day for me when I am judged or I judge someone else based on the credit card they carry.

Message 43 of 47
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Used their builder cards to get prime cards.  It's not their fault just the way they do business. Will keep my card for the AAOA, it's a sock drawer card and I'm fine with that.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

No foreign transaction fees.

That's why I will keep my subprime (no AF) Capital One card for a looooong time.

Message 45 of 47
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Leave capital one alone... Lol
Message 46 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Seriously. When they pc'd me to cash rewards from platinum they kept my no AF ever, so ill never close my card
Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.