Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evolve Money

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Evolve Money

I just started using this service yesterday. I paid my electric bill with my Discover It and the payment already posted. Today I paid $184 toward the principal on my car loan, curious to see what happens. If this is as good as it seems, it'll be be a great way to earn rewards on bills that could only be paid in cash or check.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Evolve Money

@thelethargicage wrote:

I just started using this service yesterday. I paid my electric bill with my Discover It and the payment already posted. Today I paid $184 toward the principal on my car loan, curious to see what happens. If this is as good as it seems, it'll be be a great way to earn rewards on bills that could only be paid in cash or check.

Yes, it's been good for debit card use, and adding Discover makes it more mainstream, and a big rival to things like ChargeSmart.

BUt its business model still is unclear, hoping to make money from expidited payments and from ads I guess.   Not sure that's all that viable.

Message 2 of 33
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

Yes, it's been good for debit card use, and adding Discover makes it more mainstream, and a big rival to things like ChargeSmart.

BUt its business model still is unclear, hoping to make money from expidited payments and from ads I guess.   Not sure that's all that viable.

Yeah, it seems a little iffy. Oh well, let's take advatage of it while it lasts.

Message 3 of 33
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I just recently jumped on board too.  So far so good.  I'll use it while I can.  Hopefully it will stick around for awhile, but I'm not losing any sleep thinking about its longevity.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 4 of 33
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

When the service first started they (Evolve) had someone doing some interviews on their service. Their deal is their primary business is payment processing and since they own all the backend processing so their costs are minimal and they believe they'll make enough off the express payments to be viable.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 5 of 33
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I have used Discover to pay my car payment to Acura Financial Services.  Used DH's Discover card to pay his car payment to Chase last month.  Both payments have posted with no problems.  Also used my Discover card to pay our mortgage (well, a portion of it anyway) with Wells Fargo.  First payment attempt was returned.  I updated the Wells Fargo Home Mortgage billing address on the Evolve Money website and tried paying again.  It's currently "processing" and is scheduled to post today.  I will be checking our online Wells Fargo account tomorrow to confirm that the payment posted successfully.  The only bad thing is that you're limited to $1,000 per biller - and this doesn't cover our mortgage payment, but it's better than nothing.  Scheduled the remainder of the mortgage payment to be deducted from joint checking.

Looking forward to being able to use Citi Double Cash Mastercard when Evolve Money starts accepting VISA/MC sometime in 2015.  2% is still better than 1%.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 6 of 33
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

I love evolve. 

Great when using with PP cashback.  Discover is smart to partner with Evolve.  kind of a tool to balance transfer from VISA/Master.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 7 of 33
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If only Evolve Money allows one to pay credit card bill.

Message 8 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

So excited to see this... I had not heard of it!!!

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

So excited to see this... I had not heard of it!!!

Me too.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.