cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exactly what going into the Garden means to everyone????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what going into the Garden means to everyone????

So...I've app'd for a ton of stuff, been approved for like 14 new accts,  5 mc/visa, 5 store cards.

Now I know entering the garden means, no more APP, and no HP, along with just growing your cards and scores.

So luv button, recon Cli should still be used???

Or just use of cards, and hope for auto CLI?

Thank you, looking forward to several methods of entering the garden.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exactly what going into the Garden means to everyone????

I take it to mean no more applications and no hard pulls.  Soft pull CLIs and auto-CLIs are definitely okay.  It's just focusing on establishing good habits with the card companies you have, balancing utilization to an appropriate level, and raising your credit scores.  

Some people might do it and include no SP CLIs, too. 

Message 2 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does an advantage exist, while gardening, to not SP, or auto CLI?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If it does I cant think of what that advantage might be. As far as the SP anyway. Dont really have control over auto CLI. Unless you call the lender afterwards and demand they decrease your limit. Not sure if anyone would actually want to do such a thing. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It means no new accounts, no hard inquiries, no credit limit requests that will result in hard inquiries. Reap what you've sown.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It means meeting the spending requirements to get the signup bonuses, letting accounts and inquiries age and the scores bounce back up, getting SP CLIs, and preparing for the next app spree.

Message 7 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So...I've app'd for a ton of stuff, been approved for like 14 new accts,  5 mc/visa, 5 store cards.

Now I know entering the garden means, no more APP, and no HP, along with just growing your cards and scores.

So luv button, recon Cli should still be used???

Or just use of cards, and hope for auto CLI?

Thank you, looking forward to several methods of entering the garden.

SP CLI is ok. The definition of being in the garden is actually defined in the gardening thread.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 19
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If it does I cant think of what that advantage might be. As far as the SP anyway. Dont really have control over auto CLI. Unless you call the lender afterwards and demand they decrease your limit. Not sure if anyone would actually want to do such a thing. Smiley Very Happy

Oh believe me they do lol! I have a lot of people call me asking for a CLD on their account and to opt out of future auto CLI campaigns. Makes absolutely no sense to me either, but it's not my account and I'm sure they have their reasons.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 9 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh believe me they do lol! I have a lot of people call me asking for a CLD on their account and to opt out of future auto CLI campaigns. Makes absolutely no sense to me either, but it's not my account and I'm sure they have their reasons.

The major reason is to increase the chances of instant approval on new apps, where the goal is to avoid "eyes on the account", so you don't want to get in to offering to move CLs around etc.    For a certain type of user, this makes a lot of sense, many people have far more total CL than is needed, and a bonus is  real money.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.