cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent Ficos vs High Utilization

tag
Francesco

Excellent Ficos vs High Utilization

My Fico's are 747 EQ and 767 TransUnion. My debt utilization is a high 75% Will I have any trouble being approval for one of the better Citibank cards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Excellent Ficos vs High Utilization

@Francesco wrote:

My Fico's are 747 EQ and 767 TransUnion. My debt utilization is a high 75% Will I have any trouble being approval for one of the better Citibank cards?

My answer would be yes you will have trouble, you will stand a MUCH better chance of approval if you were to get your util down to at least 25% (on one card) not ideal but better than 75%

@Your best bet would be to pay off all but one CC, let it show you @ <9% util (thats the best case scenario) approval is not based solely on your score or util. Inq's, New Accounts, AAoA's and several other factors are used to determine your creditworthiness.

Message 2 of 6
Francesco

Thank you for your input.  Yes, plus the the simulator says if I pay the credit card down to about 25% utlization my Transunion score will be between 777-817. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just one CC that you have the 75% util on?

And you will always see your best FICO's with just ONE CC reporting 1-9% util.

Message 4 of 6
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

In addition to that, your scores will probably see an increase.  I know mine did when I got my utilization down to 20%.

Message 5 of 6
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

In addition to that, your scores will probably see an increase--even though they are already good.  I know mine did when I got my utilization down to 20%.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.