cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executive AAdvantage World Mastercard offer (100k now showing)

tag
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Executive AAdvantage World Mastercard offer

OMG, this is so tempting since we AA is our primary airlines & I have been wanting an airline card.  But that $10k spend is scary, and I highly doubt I'll get approved at this point of my rebuild.....must wait.....

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 31 of 52
newUser0
Established Contributor

Such a amazing offer.

I can't apply for citi, they rejected me 4 times at a row. They don't like me perhaps.

Message 32 of 52
red259
Super Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

OMG, this is so tempting since we AA is our primary airlines & I have been wanting an airline card.  But that $10k spend is scary, and I highly doubt I'll get approved at this point of my rebuild.....must wait.....

Yea, this is not a card for rebuilding. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 33 of 52
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

darn it! that is such a good offer, i got mine with the 50k offer 6 months ago.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 34 of 52
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

Re: Executive AAdvantage World Mastercard offer (100k now showing)

I just applied for this offer via mypointsguy, and got the 100,000 mile offer and $200.00 statement credit...I got the card with $19,000 credit limit. 

Message 35 of 52
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

applied earlier today with the 100k sign up bonus .. got a message to call .. called up and they said they couldnt give me a decision because the computers were overloaded with the amount of applications .. they said i would know in 7-10 days. Checked the online application status and APPROVED for 10.9k Smiley LOL

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 36 of 52
red259
Super Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

applied earlier today with the 100k sign up bonus .. got a message to call .. called up and they said they couldnt give me a decision because the computers were overloaded with the amount of applications .. they said i would know in 7-10 days. Checked the online application status and APPROVED for 10.9k Smiley LOL

If that many people are applying then you have to wonder if the reward availability will be severely limited when everyone goes to redeem their miles. 

;
Message 37 of 52
enharu
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@darkfrosty wrote:

If that many people are applying then you have to wonder if the reward availability will be severely limited when everyone goes to redeem their miles. 

it's bound to be limited for many other reasons as well, such as the merger.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 38 of 52
red259
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@darkfrosty wrote:

it's bound to be limited for many other reasons as well, such as the merger.

Well there is going to be a deval, but I was reading that it won't be until 2015 or maybe even two years before the frequent flier programs are fully merged, so for 2014 at least I think the miles may be safe. 

;
Message 39 of 52
Open123
Super Contributor

Using history as a guide, it's the only one we've got, because of the potential PR hit, Airlines are reticent to devalue during the honeymoon post merger period.  In this case,  since US Air miles holders will likely already experience a devaluation on some of their best in class redemptions, I think it'll be extremely unlike for any kind of across the boards devaluation in the first year or two.

Now, after the "honeymoon" period, we can expect some kind of devaulation propogated by the vast amount of points harvested through all the many Citi AA and US Air sign-up offers over the last several years.  Knowing this, let's be the amongst the firsts "out of the door" redeem them when their value is at its peak.

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.