Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Apple Visa Holder question

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Existing Apple Visa Holder question

I already have the apple visa card. Is there any perks for having this card as in i'm looking to buy a macbook and looking to finance it for 12 months.

Would I still be able to do the 12 months @ % using this card?

I was looking online and saw the special financing for new card holders only. Any info much appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
brianjb
Contributor

Re: Existing Apple Visa Holder question

I just had this issue.  Call Barclays and tell them you want to purchase Apple product.  they will give you latest deal.  0% for x amount of months.

the key is to call them before you shop

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 2 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

I just called them and the lady said to do the purchase first then call them and they will apply a 12 month at 0%.

Not bad at all.

Message 3 of 6
brianjb
Contributor

Sounds like it worked for you.

i made a mistake, and didn't know the terms before I purchased.  I received the card a few months ago.  I applied because I knew I wanted new iPad for myself and ipad air for wife.  I made the purchase, then looked at online statement and it showed regular interest rate.  I freKed out.  The person said that it only automatically gives 0% for new cards.  But they can override purchases or get pre approved.  They out paperwork in to get my rate changed.

its nice to know that the card can be used like to at in the future.  Once I pay off the iPads I want a new iMac.

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Message 4 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

To confirm, I called Barclay after the purchase and they did give me a 0% for 12 months on the $1400 MacBook Pro

Message 5 of 6
brianjb
Contributor

Thanks for the followup.

Once I pay off my two ipads, I plan on buying a new iMac.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.