cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing lines you wish had a bigger limit?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Existing lines you wish had a bigger limit?

I wish my Chase Freedom had a larger CL. It's the first card I use in any event Smiley Happy

And I agree with everyone else. Call up credit solutions and ask for a larger CL. They will most likely counter and you can take more advantage of your credit card.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Smug wrote:
I am good were I am..meh...

+1

Same here.  All my CLs seem at the appropriate level.

Message 12 of 23
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I'm with ya on chase. I have the Amazon visa. They gave 2x on drugstores and office supply which is nice. But my limit is only 1000 and that was on recon. They are my lowest limit x for target. I wonder how soon I can request a cli? I just got it early September.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 13 of 23
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

Is credit solutions the debt/credit repair company? I googled it and that's what I came up with. If that's what you guys are talking about, do you have to join them and then let them do the asking?

Message 14 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

@mountainmom,

I opened a Chase Freedom in March 2013 on recon for $500.  I closed it (stupidly) in June or July 2013 because when I called for a CLI I was told by the representative that they don't review accounts for automatic increases and if I wanted a CLI it would be a hard pull.  I declined and closed the account.  Opened a Chase Slate this month with more credit line that the Chase Freedom and no recon needed.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 15 of 23
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

All of them!

I jus got my GE Wal Mart. It's 3k I'm ok with that. Won't ever really use it much.

Mainly capital 1 @ $500 & my bank MC at $1000.
Not sure what I'm supposed to do with those limits.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 16 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jasonkm1 wrote:

Is credit solutions the debt/credit repair company? I googled it and that's what I came up with. If that's what you guys are talking about, do you have to join them and then let them do the asking?

credit solutions is the credit department for GE that can make changes to credit lines (They hold the power!)

Message 17 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i want my freedom to become a siggy! thats it. 

currently at 1.5k but have other cards 5k+. 

oh and khols i suppose. sitting at 400 since jan of '12

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 18 of 23
benandjerry
Regular Contributor

I would like my discover IT to have a larger limit so I can use it more abroad (currently 1,250). 1 hotel bill for a couple of days already puts me over 50% util.

Then again I've only had this card 2,5 months and the CSA said I could ask for an increase once the 3-month mark passes. Fingers crossed on that one!

$1250                $4000              $15,000            $11,000         $1000(secured)      CLOSED!                  $5000        2.65%:
Starting Score: 0 (03/01/13) &Current Score: TU FICO 791 CK755 CS747 QZ747 &Goal Score: 750 new goal:800 garden since 03/21/14
Message 19 of 23
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I am happy with all of my cards  but Discover IT Smiley Sad....there I really could use a 5K limit  as well.. . Chase Freedom as Siggy of course would be nice as it is the only non Siggy in my wallet. But I can live with a 4 K limit if this is all what Chase is willing to give me....LOL

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.