Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding my portfolio...

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Expanding my portfolio...

You already have monitoring service.  So I would just buy a one time score which I think is called standard.  No need to but the other ones as hey are more for monitoring than anything else.  You just want to get idea how your fakos compare to fico

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 21
mum4519
Contributor

If I app'd tonight for Cabela's VISA and it shows me what the lender pulled on Equifax, would that be a FICO score?

Curious before I spend $20 on what could be the same/similar score.

- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 12 of 21
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Yes.  Although they could use an internal score that would be built off fico.  Why do you think they will give you score?  Only will if rejected or do not get most favorable terms.

Message 13 of 21
mum4519
Contributor

I app'd for Cabela's VISA tonight and got instantly approved. In the electronic disclosures they had my score that was pulled as well as the bureau reporting it. It was a 655 from Equifax.

- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Message 14 of 21
Crashem
Valued Contributor

That is fico although we don't know which fico model.  No need to buy then.  Also, go to Walmart for the free tu fico 08 score and post it.

Message 15 of 21
mum4519
Contributor

Sounds good my man, appreciate the input and help.

I see you have a Palladium card...I just googled it, very impressive. What do you do for a living?

- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Message 16 of 21
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Dealing with startups now.  I know vague.  Don't believe every you read on web.  Card is nice but diluted a bit.

Message 17 of 21
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats, your on your way and you should let your accounts age let your score grow.  As you already know keep your uti low and Pif when you can, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 18 of 21
mum4519
Contributor

Thanks.

I called Cabelas VISA to figure out what my CL is but apparently they can't give it out over the phone you have to wait to receive it.

On another note, is it worth it to me to keep my Cap One open with $1,000 CL and a $39 AF? I have it to help with my utilization but not much else. Thanks.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Message 19 of 21
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

There's nothing really you can or should do FICO wise, except perhaps pickup an Amex for future backdating (except maybe get a car loan or a mortgage, and those are rather expensive options for FICO admittedly).

You're doing fine, you have plenty of cards, you don't "need" any others unless there's some rewards which fits your spending profile... most of the top tier cards are probably still long shots for you, but you have a nicely rounded set anyway.  More inquiries / accounts are just going to continue to depress your score.  

+1 - you are doing a great job. I would site back and let these cards age. Use them and they will grow. Maybe on the slow side but patients will be your best friend.

Good job by the way!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.