Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Dispute to See Soft Pulls

tag
Way
Contributor

Experian Dispute to See Soft Pulls

So I've been using the Experian Dispute process for quite a while to see soft pulls.  They don't show through my reporting service, but I just go through the process to file a dispute and once I get in there all of the soft pulls are viewable.  I don't actually launch a dispute and just log out when I'm done.  I've never had any issue with this in the past.

A)  Is there a better way?  This obviously wasn't the intended use of their dispute portal.

B)  I'm suddenly having a hard time with it when linking directly from my monitoring service.  Anybody else having any challenges?  I've done this dozens of times before and now I've been getting this message for more than a week.  This is the message I'm getting:

We are unable to allow access to our online dispute service. We understand that the privacy and security of your information is important to you; therefore, we cannot provide a specific reason as to why we cannot allow access. Our registration process is designed to ensure that your credit information is released only to you. You must have a current copy of your personal credit report from Experian in order to dispute information. Please call 1 800 204 1410 to order your report through our automated service. The report will be delivered by U.S. Mail. Once you receive the report, follow the instructions to dispute information you believe is incorrect. 

Thanks

Home Depot - $14300 | Care Credit - $11000 | CCUFL - $10000 | Penfed - $7500 | BECU - $7500 | DCU - $7500 | Overstock - $7200 | Discover it Miles - $5500 | Amex Hilton Aspire - $5100 | Discover it Cash Back - $4200 | Cap One QS1 - $2000 | WF Cashwise - $2000 | Apple - $2000 | Citi AA - $1500 | Amazon - $1200 | Sync Car Care - $1200 | Amex Delta Gold - $1000 | Amex BCP - $1000 | Barclay's Apple - $1000 | Cap One QS1 - $850 | Lowes - $500 | Bealls - $350 | Kohls - $300 | Target - $300
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
policebox
Contributor

Re: Experian Dispute to See Soft Pulls

You've been using what is called the "backdoor" for viewing your EX report. If this is done too many times, EX locks you out. It appears you got busted and have been locked out. I'm not certain whether or not you'll eventually be able to get back in, hopefully others can answer that question.

Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Way wrote:

So I've been using the Experian Dispute process for quite a while to see soft pulls.  They don't show through my reporting service, but I just go through the process to file a dispute and once I get in there all of the soft pulls are viewable.  I don't actually launch a dispute and just log out when I'm done.  I've never had any issue with this in the past.

A)  Is there a better way?  This obviously wasn't the intended use of their dispute portal.

B)  I'm suddenly having a hard time with it when linking directly from my monitoring service.  Anybody else having any challenges?  I've done this dozens of times before and now I've been getting this message for more than a week.  This is the message I'm getting:

We are unable to allow access to our online dispute service. We understand that the privacy and security of your information is important to you; therefore, we cannot provide a specific reason as to why we cannot allow access. Our registration process is designed to ensure that your credit information is released only to you. You must have a current copy of your personal credit report from Experian in order to dispute information. Please call 1 800 204 1410 to order your report through our automated service. The report will be delivered by U.S. Mail. Once you receive the report, follow the instructions to dispute information you believe is incorrect. 

Thanks

This is what happens when you abuse the system. The online dispute process is for online disputes. 

Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Way wrote:

Thanks

This is called backdoor and not to be discussed on  the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Way wrote:

Thanks

This is what happens when you abuse the system. The online dispute process is for online disputes. 

You beat me Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Way wrote:

Thanks

Sounds like your credit file # has expired. It's only good for so long

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

It states that you can view report !!!View report or request a dispute

You must have a current copy of your Experian personal credit report in order to use this service. If you have a copy, please enter the report number listed at the top of the report. If you do not have a report number that you received within the last 90 days

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 14
Way
Contributor

Well then....

I clearly did not realize that was frowned upon in this establishment.

Let me rephrase...

Is there a legit way to view softpulls with Experian?

Home Depot - $14300 | Care Credit - $11000 | CCUFL - $10000 | Penfed - $7500 | BECU - $7500 | DCU - $7500 | Overstock - $7200 | Discover it Miles - $5500 | Amex Hilton Aspire - $5100 | Discover it Cash Back - $4200 | Cap One QS1 - $2000 | WF Cashwise - $2000 | Apple - $2000 | Citi AA - $1500 | Amazon - $1200 | Sync Car Care - $1200 | Amex Delta Gold - $1000 | Amex BCP - $1000 | Barclay's Apple - $1000 | Cap One QS1 - $850 | Lowes - $500 | Bealls - $350 | Kohls - $300 | Target - $300
Message 8 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Way wrote:

Well then....

I clearly did not realize that was frowned upon in this establishment.

Let me rephrase...

Is there a legit way to view softpulls with Experian?

Yes 2 ways 

CR's purchased directly from CB's 

Or 

Annual credit report 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

One isn't allowed to click the "View your credit report again" ??
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.