Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Fico score different?

tag
arrazola_a
Valued Member

Experian Fico score different?

Today i pulled my Experian from here on Myfico.com and got a score of 645. I just applied at a local credit union for a visa (today also) and was denied because of low credit score/history. I can understand the history part as i have only had credit for just under 2 years, but they said they pulled a 611 score. She said I was pulling a FAKO and I explained no. She said they pull  Fico scores so what should i do? Call Experian? Thanks.

Starting Score : 525
Current Score : EQ 673 TU 652 EX 673
Goal Score : 750 Across
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Fico score different?

@arrazola_a wrote:

Today i pulled my Experian from here on Myfico.com and got a score of 645. I just applied at a local credit union for a visa (today also) and was denied because of low credit score/history. I can understand the history part as i have only had credit for just under 2 years, but they said they pulled a 611 score. She said I was pulling a FAKO and I explained no. She said they pull  Fico scores so what should i do? Call Experian? Thanks.

The scores are correct for the model selected. This site uses FICO 98, the CU prob uses the newest version FICO 08. There are actually 49 different FICO scores within each FICO year model. There is one for auto, mortgage, bankcard, collection and the list goes on. There is no need to contact anyone about it just know that not all FICO scores are the same unless same model is used on same info.

Message 2 of 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@arrazola_a wrote:

The scores are correct for the model selected. This site uses FICO 98, the CU prob uses the newest version FICO 08. There are actually 49 different FICO scores within each FICO year model. There is one for auto, mortgage, bankcard, collection and the list goes on. There is no need to contact anyone about it just know that not all FICO scores are the same unless same model is used on same info.

+1 Very well said

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 8
arrazola_a
Valued Member

Thanks. do you know where i can get an 08 Fico moving foward?

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@arrazola_a wrote:

Thanks. do you know where i can get an 08 Fico moving foward?

There is no place to buy one in the market however you can get one free monthly if you can qualify for a card from:

First Natl Bank of Omaha if live in their service area or are invited to app for one of their cards, the score this bank gives is FICO 08 bankcard enhanced version based on EX.

GECRB (Walmart) based on TU, Discover IT based on TU and I believe Barclays also offers a FICO 08 TU version as well.

Message 5 of 8
arrazola_a
Valued Member

Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Some of the information posted here was incorrect. This site sells a TU98, an EQ04 / Beacon 5, and an EX08 score. Some creditors use the 08 scores, most use an 04 version.

Very few, if any, still use the TU98.

You can get EX04 from PSECU, if you are able to get membership.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 8
arrazola_a
Valued Member

They pulled ex .. oh well I am going to garden for about 6 months and see where I am at

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.