Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Report and Score on American Express Website

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Report and Score on American Express Website

Hello everyone,

I also have creditsecure with American Express as well and I'm curious to know if the score they provided are FAKO scores, how do I know this? 

If it's really is a FAKO scores, there is no point for me to pay for this services since it is FAKE. For some reasons, my Experian scores drop for no reasons and I'm not getting it, from January score was 743 now is 724..

Transunion and EQuifax score drops as well. 

So can someone please tell me if EXPERIAN credit score is really FAKE? if it is, then i will call in an cancel the service and choose something else.. I don't like FAKO score..

Message 11 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

CreditCard101 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I also have creditsecure with American Express as well and I'm curious to know if the score they provided are FAKO scores, how do I know this? 

If it's really is a FAKO scores, there is no point for me to pay for this services since it is FAKE. For some reasons, my Experian scores drop for no reasons and I'm not getting it, from January score was 743 now is 724..

Transunion and EQuifax score drops as well. 

So can someone please tell me if EXPERIAN credit score is really FAKE? if it is, then i will call in an cancel the service and choose something else.. I don't like FAKO score..

Yes, it really, really is. When you pull up your reports, click the score tab. You'll see that it says PLUS score. Look at the very bottom:

DISCLAIMER

The PLUS ScoreSM, developed by Experian, is not an endorsement or guarantee of your credit worthiness as seen by lenders. The different risk levels presented here are for educational use only. Your PLUS Score can help you understand what factors impact your credit score.

Please be aware that there are many scoring models used in the marketplace, and each lender´s scoring model has its own set of factors. How each lender weighs their chosen factors may vary, but the exact formula used to calculate your score is proprietary. In general, the higher your score, the better your chances are of obtaining favorable rates and terms.

Your PLUS Score was calculated using your actual data from your credit file on the day that you requested your report, making it comparable to most scoring models in the industry. Keep in mind however that other factors, such as length of employment and annual salary, are often taken into consideration by lenders when making decisions about you.

Also note that each bureau has its own set of data, resulting in a separate PLUS Score for each of your credit files.

Services like CS work for monitoring your reports, not your scores.

Ignore the scores, and keep the service. The report monitoring is useful, especially if you are actively working to clean up your credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh crap, you are right. I just read the disclaimer..So how can i know my real score?

$11.99/per month with AMEX CreditSecure..Man I'm a bit upset about this..

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 04-17-2009 12:23 PM
Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Consumers can't buy their FICO EX scores any more.

You can find it out if you apply for a mortgage (pretty drastic!), as lenders are required to show you your three scores, and almost all pull FICO's. If you qualify for membership in PSECU (not many of us do), you receive an EX FICO with your monthly statement:

PSECU Eligibility

That's pretty much it. Smiley Mad

Again, though, the advantage of CreditSecure and other monitoring services is to see what's happening on your reports, not your scores. Once you have a pretty good feel for what sort of changes on your credit reports affect your FICO scores, you'll kinda/ sorta know what's happening with your EX FICO.

Not a great consolation, I know.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.