cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian backdoor method no longer possible?

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Experian backdoor method no longer possible?

For the last 3 days to access my EX CR using an old Report # and the backdoor method.... I keep getting:

"We're sorry. We experienced a system problem and we are unable to provide your personal credit report for online viewing at this time. You may want to try again later."

Any theories?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Experian backdoor method no longer possible?

@toi34 wrote:

For the last 3 days to access my EX CR using an old Report # and the backdoor method.... I keep getting:

"We're sorry. We experienced a system problem and we are unable to provide your personal credit report for online viewing at this time. You may want to try again later."

Any theories?

by backdoor, do you mean experian.com/view?

if so, it still works, at least for me.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
toi34
Established Contributor

Yes...the "view report again"  link. Have they caught on and deactivated my report#?

Message 3 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

i doubt they are deactivating reports manually.

maybe the servers that are storing your reports are currently down. try again later, if so.

maybe your report has expired? not too sure if there's any time limits though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 14
Involver
Valued Contributor

I've been unable to dispute anything through the actual EX website for weeks now but am still able to access it this way.  

Message 5 of 14
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

I've been unable to dispute anything through the actual EX website for weeks now but am still able to access it this way.  

I think they shut me down. I even ordered a report to see if I could get access to a current report...not happening for me either. I just wanted to see my SP Smiley Sad

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 14
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

Any theories?

by backdoor, do you mean experian.com/view?

if so, it still works, at least for me.

I've check the experian.com/view twice today, worked both times for me.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 7 of 14
Involver
Valued Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

@Involver wrote:

I think they shut me down. I even ordered a report to see if I could get access to a current report...not happening for me either. I just wanted to see my SP Smiley Sad

Yeah the funny thing is that I joined EX monitoring for a trial period and forgot to cancel before the 9 days so I tried a few ways to get my money back (they weren't having it).  I subsequently cancelled the account and have been unable to access the disputes ever since even though I can order a new report every day?  Coincidence? lol.

Message 8 of 14
akabigo
Contributor

Worked for me just now.

Fico scores 800+
Message 9 of 14
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

ok, I just ordered a report 1/22...when I try to initiate an online dispute, it says I need to mail in my dispute.

Also, I can't seem to find the report number anywhere on this CR...Where exactly is it?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.