cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian not removing AMEX accout that I was an AU on?

tag
DeserteRz
Established Member

Experian not removing AMEX accout that I was an AU on?

I was an AU on my friends American Express card and called them and removed myself from it about two months ago. I see on my credit report it had a $6000 balance and I am afraid it may become a charge off and wanted my name off of it before that happened. So I called American Express and removed my name off the account. It also shows account canceled now when I log into American Express. I have been disputing it with Experian for 6 weeks a total of 3 disputes. I always get an email saying the account was updated but it is still on there as open! How do I get it off?

I just started getting good limit cards two weeks ago I got a Wells Fargo $6,500 and a US Bank $5,000 that's all I need is a charge off to ruin it. I'm also only 21 so I'm guessing that would really mess me up.

Also I never even used the card but one time for like $10 and paid it right away.

The point of this was to start my credit my spending limit was very low as I even told him I'm never using it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian not removing AMEX accout that I was an AU on?

@DeserteRz wrote:

I was an AU on my friends American Express card and called them and removed myself from it about two months ago. I see on my credit report it had a $6000 balance and I am afraid it may become a charge off and wanted my name off of it before that happened. So I called American Express and removed my name off the account. It also shows account canceled now when I log into American Express. I have been disputing it with Experian for 6 weeks a total of 3 disputes. I always get an email saying the account was updated but it is still on there as open! How do I get it off?

I just started getting good limit cards two weeks ago I got a Wells Fargo $6,500 and a US Bank $5,000 that's all I need is a charge off to ruin it. I'm also only 21 so I'm guessing that would really mess me up.

Also I never even used the card but one time for like $10 and paid it right away.

You people have very interesting relationships with your friends. i dont think I would ever comingle credit with a friend.

Could it be that amex is still reporting it to the bureau even though you are seeing it as cancelled?

Out of curiosity, does your friend know that you removed yourself?

Message 2 of 4
DeserteRz
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeserteRz wrote:

You people have very interesting relationships with your friends. i dont think I would ever comingle credit with a friend.

Could it be that amex is still reporting it to the bureau even though you are seeing it as cancelled?

Yes I told him I did not want it anymore. It is still reporting becuase it updated for Jan so i know it still is.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeserteRz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeserteRz wrote:

Yes I told him I did not want it anymore. It is still reporting becuase it updated for Jan so i know it still is.

Seems like the problem may be amex continuing to report you as an au

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.