Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian only HP

tag
watch44
Frequent Contributor

Experian only HP

What cards pull Experian only? I have 1 HP on Experian in the last 2 years and I think that's it for me before making my way into the garden. FYI, I have 0 revolving on my CR's as of right now, so I'm likely not getting approved for super-sexy cards or anything. 

Thank you! Cat Happy

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Experian only HP

Amex 

Chase 

Citi

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can check whogavemecredit.com or another creditcard database. Usually Amex, Chase but its a YMMV

Edit: typo
Message 3 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

None of those listed are guaranteed to pull experian only. Basically big card issuers can and do pull from all bureaus, but tend to pull from certain ones in certain geographic areas. For guaranteed experian pull, look to some of credit unions that pull only from experian. Lots of cu in west coast are experian only.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 15
azguy13
Senior Contributor

You should also look up the credit pull database. I know in Arizona, Chase has only ever pulled EXP for me. 

Message 5 of 15
seat3a
Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
None of those listed are guaranteed to pull experian only. Basically big card issuers can and do pull from all bureaus, but tend to pull from certain ones in certain geographic areas. For guaranteed experian pull, look to some of credit unions that pull only from experian. Lots of cu in west coast are experian only.

This is true as Citi and Chase pulled EQ and AMEX pulled EX (FL). Whogavemecredit.com is fairly accurate but I have seen discrepancies there also.

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 6 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

...and keep in mind that some may pull multiple depending on credit.

Message 7 of 15
Simply827
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

...and keep in mind that some may pull multiple depending on credit.

+1 

Chase pulled EX and TU 

Citi pulled EX and EQ

I was borderline because of an old PR on my EX.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 8 of 15
Cubist
New Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

I'm in NJ and Chase pulled TU for me in August.

VS- $500, BarclayCard - $1200, Lowes - $5000, Old Navy - $1400, CapOne - $200, Chase Freedom - $1200
Started My credit rebuilding 11/2012 (stating scores in the low/ mid-500s)
Current scores - EQ 690. TU 724, EQ 719
Closed on my first home 7/25/2013!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MyFico!
Gardening until 3/1/2014
Message 9 of 15
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

I have applied for Citi - Discover - Chase - each 2-4 times in the past 2 years -  And never did any of them pull anything BUT EXP -  As a result I have 12 HP inq on Ex - and just 3-4 on EQ and TU -   Disc-  pulled TU once and  EQ once when I requested a CLI.  Do not have Chase - Just got Citi - Do not know what either pull for CLIs

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.