cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience With NFCU Consolidation Loan Approvals?

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Experience With NFCU Consolidation Loan Approvals?

I wasnt exactly sure where to post this thread so I went with CC forums...

In the last 6 months, Ive opened up 5 new accounts (had been on the rebuilding journey prior to that). All accounts are currently maxed (pushing 30k owed). I used the vast majority of the new credit to finish rebuilding (paying off judgments/collections/etc for deletions/PFD agreements, large IRS debt for lien removal, etc etc). Of course, being new, theres not much more than a few months payment history on them.

Anyway, my question is focused on the likelihood of a NFCU consolidation loan based on a (now very low) credit score of 596. It was a few points shy of 700, but between 100% util, all the new inq's and new accounts dropping AAoA...well you know how the story goes.

There is still 2 PIF baddies on report...one 5 years old and one hitting CRTP in December. Ill list a few details:

Income 51k

Low DTI (no other payments showing on CR, student loans in deferrment until May 2016)

debt to consol (either in part or hopefully all):

NFCU NavChek.....15k/15/k

NFCU Platinum.....10k/10k

NFCU cashRewards.....1.5k/1.5k

GEWally.....600/600

GEAmazon.....600/700

FPB.....300/300

ComenityVS.....80/250

My concerns for denial:

Low score (util, aaoa, recent inqs)

Vast majority of debt already owned by NFCU

Any input whatsoever on applying/approval chances would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: Experience With NFCU Consolidation Loan Approvals?

My gut would be to say that it won't happen, but you can certainly ask them. You may find that, on the off chance that they approve the consolidation, they will condition it on the closure of the other accounts.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Based on that most of it is with them, I bet they would do it!

at this point, is it really going to hurt to apply!

Message 3 of 8
swpopham
Established Contributor

I know this because I had put a motorcycle on the LOC and called and asked to refi it over to an auto loan, They said any consoladation loan will have to be approved by a committee and you will not be allowed any charging privilages until the repayment is complete. They will suspend your accounts. After repayment your accounts will be closed and then you can reapply for anything you want. It sounded bad enough I was like hell no were good!

good luck, I think you should be able to make big payments if your DTI is low like you said it was

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 4 of 8
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

You have like 30K debt and want another loan? Yikes. I would make payments and try to get to a positive cash position.  With 51k/year salary it's going to take some time to pay that off, even if you could apply your entire paycheck. Another loan might give your score a boost, but what if you run the balances up again?

Definitely I would be in savings mode if I were you, paying as much as possible every payday.

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dollar_bill wrote:

You have like 30K debt and want another loan? Yikes. I would make payments and try to get to a positive cash position.  With 51k/year salary it's going to take some time to pay that off, even if you could apply your entire paycheck. Another loan might give your score a boost, but what if you run the balances up again?

Definitely I would be in savings mode if I were you, paying as much as possible every payday.

+1

With such high utilization/balances and whether NFCU is even willing to consider a personal/consolidation loan, you can pretty much assume your standard NFCU CCs will be closed due to the exposure situation.  This, again, assuming they would even entertain approving you for the loan altogether.

Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'd be concerned of AA even without the consolidation loan submittal. New accounts, maxed out, low AAOA smacks of an AA.

Good luck.
Message 7 of 8
Xer0_SiN
New Contributor

i dont mean to be the rain on your parade, but i can see you getting a consolidation loan from them, slim to none. you are maxed on all their accounts they loaned you PLUS the other tradelines (except one). another big is the navcheck. high interest with no grace and its maxed. the best bet is, youre just gonna have to endure, suck up those monthly payments for a few months to bring that score up. i dont think even local credit unions, unless you have considerable pull will extend a loan in this case. sorry man Smiley Sad

EDIT: i dont have any experience in this but what about lending tree?
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.