Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience rejecting Cap 1 luv button increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experience rejecting Cap 1 luv button increases

Hey everybody. I was wondering about rejecting cli's and the results. I have 3 Cap 1 QS1's that I hit the luv button for. two of them are at 600 limits and came back with a 1000 increase to 1600 each. These two have been open for years and have only gone from 500 to 600 in their history. The third QS1 started at 1000 in July of this year and was offered a 1000 increase as well. I rejected the offers for now because I think that I read if you wait a bit they will come back with a larger offer. Has anyone been through this experience and can offer some insight. Feel free to tell me I am stupid for not accepting if you think that is the case. my scores are around 650 real Fico.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience rejecting Cap 1 luv button increases

There have been multiple reports of people declining smaller increases then waiting and getting a larger increase the next time around. However, these reports are about the Venture card and the Quicksilver. I'm not sure that approach will work with the lower tier QS1 cards. CLI's tend to be more difficult to come by with those.

Message 2 of 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

What type of spend are you putting through your cards?  For me I have accepted the CLI'S that was offered to me by Capital One.  I have even took a 100 increase on my Platinum, 1000 increase on my QS1 and 500 increase on my Sony.  Some will say wait while others will say you should of took the increases they offered you.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

For a card with a credit line of $5k+, I would probably decline an offer for a $1k increase, since many have waited and depending on your usage, offers for $2k increases are not uncommon.

For a card with a credit line of $1k or less, an offer for a $1k increase is significant... I would personally take it. 

I've not read of too many folks reporting offers for 'huge' CLIs on cards that only have limits of a few hundred dollars, at least not all at once.  This being said, if you dig deep enough in the threads here you might find an outlier who was offered a 'huge' increase on a platinum or QS1 with a small credit line.  I would consider those cases exceptions, though, and not the rule.

Just my 2¢.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.