Frequent Contributor
Razeus

Re: Experience with $5,000+ CL cards

jamesdwi wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Wait 6 months and go for it, the 5k+ TL's will have some age then.

+1

they just want to make sure you don't go crazy its a lot harder to pay off/down a $5k  than a $2k card. 

Understood.  My wife is like "ok big shot, don't go charging those up and putting yourself back in the position you just got out of".  Getting these prime cards with great limits is more of a status & self-esteem thing for me.  That's why I'm sticking to everyday expenses.  Any big purchases, I'll do what I've been doing: planning the quick payoff if I need a few months to do it.

My Wallet:
Discover It $11,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | AMEX BCE $3,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+