Did you mean: 

Experience with $5,000+ CL cards

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experience with $5,000+ CL cards

@jamesdwi wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
Wait 6 months and go for it, the 5k+ TL's will have some age then.

+1

they just want to make sure you don't go crazy its a lot harder to pay off/down a $5k  than a $2k card. 

Understood.  My wife is like "ok big shot, don't go charging those up and putting yourself back in the position you just got out of".  Getting these prime cards with great limits is more of a status & self-esteem thing for me.  That's why I'm sticking to everyday expenses.  Any big purchases, I'll do what I've been doing: planning the quick payoff if I need a few months to do it.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.