Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Barclays and multiple payments per minth

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Experience with Barclays and multiple payments per minth

@Anonymous wrote:
I forgot that was one of the features of the world elite MasterCard...what does that even mean, why give me a credit limit if there is "Npsl"? I am just going to call them later but haven't had time to use the phone so I thoufht I'd see what you guys thought. Thanks for the help

This only means that if you overspend your credit limit by X dollars, that X gets added to your regular min-payment in the next statement. Rest of the balance you can carry month to month; doesn't matter for people who always PIF but that's the technicality.

Back to the original point though. OP, I am curious; did you use Barclay's own payment option or did you push the money from your bank? I wonder if there's a difference. But as others have stated, calling might be the best option. 

I used to make (and still make) multiple payments on my Sallie Mae mastercard. Didn't face a problem. For most part, I pay using the make-a-payment option of the credit card company rather than pushing a payment from my bank or using a bill payment feature.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just called them and the super helpful lady released both holds and said it was just a precautionary measure and shouldn't have the issue in the future. Thanks for your guys help.

About the npsl, if I go over $5k won't it kill my FICO scores of it reports that way even if I pay it off. I know FICO has no memory of util but would it have a memory that I "went over my limit"? I think I recall seeing highest balance next to credit limit at least on tu.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I used the payment feature directly from Barclays website
Message 13 of 14
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just called them and the super helpful lady released both holds and said it was just a precautionary measure and shouldn't have the issue in the future. Thanks for your guys help.

About the npsl, if I go over $5k won't it kill my FICO scores of it reports that way even if I pay it off. I know FICO has no memory of util but would it have a memory that I "went over my limit"? I think I recall seeing highest balance next to credit limit at least on tu.

The score won't have a memory; now it'll be visible to other lenders especially on manual review. I don't know how they're going to view it.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.