Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Capital One ExO

tag
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Experience with Capital One ExO

I sent a pretty detailed message to an executive's email I found on the Internet last night while waiting for Sandy to knock out my power.  Low and behold today I get a response from their executive customer service team.  Unfortunately she wasn't able to call me since their phones were down but requested that I call her.  I'm thinking of asking for a CLI (from 1500 to 5000 to match my CSP) and/or PC from my crappy Rewards to possibly a VisaSig Rewards or a Venture.  I'll keep everyone updated on what I get out of it.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experience with Capital One ExO

UPDATE 1:  Just returned their call.  Spoke to a nice young lady who asked me some verification questions, and what limit I wanted.  Said she'd call back by Friday!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Good Luck

Message 3 of 22
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Keep us posted, hope for the best!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Good luck

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I sent a pretty detailed message to an executive's email I found on the Internet last night while waiting for Sandy to knock out my power.  Low and behold today I get a response from their executive customer service team.  Unfortunately she wasn't able to call me since their phones were down but requested that I call her.  I'm thinking of asking for a CLI (from 1500 to 5000 to match my CSP) and/or PC from my crappy Rewards to possibly a VisaSig Rewards or a Venture.  I'll keep everyone updated on what I get out of it.

I has a similar experiance and went from a $500 CL to $5000 from my phone call! I have a platinum card, I should have asked for a PC but was happy with the increades CL.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 22
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I just had a great experience with the Exec Office.  I called last Friday and requested a CLI to $8,000 from $1,300.  I logged into my account this morning and my limit is now $8,000 (just like that!).  Smiley Happy

Keep an eye on your limit in your online account, as you might see the increase on there before they get around to calling you back.  They haven't called me yet, but I can see my new limit now.

Good luck!!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 7 of 22
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Good luck. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22
distantarray
Established Contributor

btw anyone have luck with PC? or just credit limit increase?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 9 of 22
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

btw anyone have luck with PC? or just credit limit increase?

I have seen a thread or two recently about people having success with CLI and PC.  I think CS800 had success with this and they started a thread about it recently.

I only asked for a CLI.  I suppose when the gal finally does call me to let me know that I was granted the CLI, I could perhaps ask about PC'ing to a rewards-type card.  I hadn't really given it much thought since I have my rewards pretty well covered between Amex, Discover and US Bank.  The Cap One Platinum Visa I have has a decent interest rate at least - it's 12.14%.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.