cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Chase where one person in the household got their card closed by Chase

tag
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Experience with Chase where one person in the household got their card closed by Chase

Experience with Chase where one person in the household got their card closed by Chase all the family members of the same household got their account closed too?  

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experience with Chase where one person in the household got their card closed by Chase

Message 2 of 21
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Re: Experience with Chase where one person in the household got their card closed by Chase

Based on my experience it was AU and my neighbors it was also AU, but have anyone had this happen which was not AU? This time when I applied for mutliple chase cards I made sure i was not AU with my parent's. Otherwise I am afraid they will get shut down too. 

Message 3 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@ThriftySaver wrote:

Based on my experience it was AU and my neighbors it was also AU, but have anyone had this happen which was not AU? This time when I applied for mutliple chase cards I made sure i was not AU with my parent's. Otherwise I am afraid they will get shut down too. 

if the primary account holder's account gets closed, then the AUs are automatically closed as well...that's probably what happened

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 21
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Well for me it was strange. I was an AU with my mother and father. Then the senior credit analyst (this was 4 years  ago) said i was too risky then shut down my cards. Then next day all my family's credit card including my mother's and father's got shut down too. Then even till this day when they apply they said they had bad relationship with the bank . Which is so strange and scray. That is my biggest fear in applying. 

Message 5 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 21
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

yes 

Message 7 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

who was the primary account holder?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 21
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

my parents both were primary. I was AU for both cards. One of them works for a bank and the other is retired

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.