Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Discover and Chase Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experience with Discover and Chase Rewards

Recently I have purchased something from Discover OnlineShop, I was supposed to get 5% cashback in statement but did not.

I send them message from online account (messages->compose message->rewards related) and they credited cashback within 1 day.. awesome..

Then I realized that I have shoped few items online/offline which I could have shopped using discover onlinestore to get 5%. I submitted request for those as well .. wow.. discover rocks.. they provided me cashback for all those which were elligible..

Now I am Fan of Discover..

I thought of trying same thing with chase, where I have not received cashback from their onlinestore for debit card offers.. Its since 4 days I am struggling with to explain the things over phone and email. Chase is very slow in process and not sure if they will be able to credit cashback at the end or not.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Experience with Discover and Chase Rewards

I am surprised Discover gave you the cashback for the purchases you did not do through their online portal. That is a 5% loss for them without getting anything from the retailer like they usually would.

In my experience Chase is usually good about resolving problems fast and crediting points that are missing. Sometimes they even give you more than asked for. You said email, do you mean the secure message center?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I am surprised Discover gave you the cashback for the purchases you did not do through their online portal. That is a 5% loss for them without getting anything from the retailer like they usually would.

In my experience Chase is usually good about resolving problems fast and crediting points that are missing. Sometimes they even give you more than asked for. You said email, do you mean the secure message center?

Yes, Chase Secure Message center. Chase should have closed this issue by confirming if they can credit cashback or not..

I am not sure if discover will not get anything from the retailer. Originally it happened that I went from their online store but still missed cashback, so it can happen many times that refering URL is not being identified by retailer. I think discover is under no loss untill we are getting refered by any other site and asking Discover to credit cashback.

Message 3 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, Chase Secure Message center. Chase should have closed this issue by confirming if they can credit cashback or not..

I am not sure if discover will not get anything from the retailer. Originally it happened that I went from their online store but still missed cashback, so it can happen many times that refering URL is not being identified by retailer. I think discover is under no loss untill we are getting refered by any other site and asking Discover to credit cashback.

Strange, usually the secure message center resolves problems in a few hours.

I misunderstood about Discover. I thought you were saying that you did not go through there and noticed that you should have after the fact, and were then asking Discover about it. That happens with a lot of cashback websites in my experience. All are usually quick to resolve it though.

Message 4 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This thread reminded me to check ShopDiscover for travel partners... for an upcoming business trip (I didn't need flight or car, just hotel)

Low and Behold... Hotels.com is a shopDiscover partner... I got 5% cash back for booking at the same hampton Inn I would have used anyways Smiley Tongue

Thanks guys!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I'm anxiously awaiting my cashback....should get about $50-75 just from using shopdiscover today!

Message 6 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Weird...Chase helps me asap!! I requested some cashback recently and got it in two days, right into my Chase acct. I really like Discvr too!!! They're always so nice!!!! And helpful!! Take their survey if you can, I did :-) Otoh, Citi&BOA suck... Hope they don't need another bailout again :-X Pahhaha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

I've heard Discover has been consistently ranked #1 for customer service and loyalty. From my personal experience with them, this comes as no surprise.

Message 8 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I can't speak for Discover, but I've had nothing but good experiences with Chase. The only time my UR mall points failed to purchase, I rang up and they fixed it immediately. The CSR also gave me an extra 2,500 points for the trouble.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 13
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Wow, I think I am going to try shopping through Discover now Smiley Wink

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.