Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with UFCU in TX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience with UFCU in TX?

@mt2va wrote:

Thanks for the info as I've been looking for maybe a 2nd CU to add onto my NFCU membership. 

Can you tell me where you found the info about what rate you would pay for what FICO score?  I see the loan rates talk about excellent, good, fair, etc credit but I can't find what scores fit into each category.

ETA There fees are very reasonable re: no cash advance fee on CC, no over limit fee, cash is treated the same as purchases etc

Message Edited by mt2va on 08-01-2009 06:40 AM

pattycake said they pulled EQ.

CU's generally do not pull different by region, especially if they are a local or regional CU.  So if they pulled EQ for pattycake in Arizona, I'm betting they pull EQ for everyone and are just like Alliant/PenFed/NFCU/USAA....EQ'ers.

Message 11 of 38
mt2va
Established Contributor

Okay so who else is going to take the plunge?? 

Also anyone know if I'm more or less likely to be approved for a card if I do a balance transfer?

Message Edited by mt2va on 08-01-2009 06:45 AM
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 12 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

They don't offer any special rates for balance transfer, unless I missed it.  I think I'm going to call them since I have a relationship already.  I've only got one INQ on EQ - for PenFed last week - so I'm going to give it a shot. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm all CU'd out for now.

But I am telling my daughter about this one.

I checked their website, and it appears that online applications to join are unavailable and you are instructed to contact them.

You need to join one of their 2 association FOM, if you don't otherwise qual.

Let us know what your experience is like.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

Yeah, I think I joined one of their UT-Austin booster clubs or something like that, but they take apps over the phone 24/7.  So anyone can join, like PenFed or NASA. 
Message 15 of 38
mt2va
Established Contributor

For me personally I'm going to wait a little longer to join/app.  I want to let my 4 new CC age a bit so that when it comes time to pull my CR they can see that I'm handling my new credit well.  Also, my car re-fi was completed but currently both loans (old & new) are still reporting as open so until that gets resolved my guess would be they will think I've got too many credit obligations each month. 

I'll just keep checking back to see what people post about them.  Based on them clearly offering credit on their website based on your score they sound more like NFCU as far as those of us with scores south of sterling. 

Reading over the descriptions as far as length of history etc I fit under execellent but am more over to the fair side regarding past delinquencies etc 

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't plan to apply right away, you might as well apply for membership now.  This way you have some "membership" age and your inquries will all be aged together (closer toward not counting and falling off).

Membership pulls usually are not related to credit pulls (except in rare cases like Alliant where they will use same within 30 days for all loans).

So I suggest joining now, then if you decide to app for credit in 6 months, you have that time in membership working for you, IMO  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 38
mt2va
Established Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think I will do that & just throw a small amount in the savings account each month.  That's what I did with NFCU & they approved me for 2 CC & auto re-fi with me having all of maybe $125 with them LOL

Message 18 of 38
score_building
Senior Contributor

v. nice apr reductions, i think pen fed offers a low (3.99? rate) for future reference.

pattycake wrote:
If you rest your mouse above the explanations, it will give a description.  When I called, the CSR told me that 740 or above is excellent credit, 680+ is good credit, and anything below 680 falls into the other ranges.  They refi'd my 17.5% car loan to 11.5% a few years ago, then dropped me to 4.95% in 2008. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

I just app'd and got approved for the 6.9% rate for $10K, and have to show proof of income.  I'll forward them my invoices and will have the app finalized in the next day or so!!!

I love this CU.   

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.