Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with UFCU in TX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience with UFCU in TX?

@pattycake wrote:
If you rest your mouse above the explanations, it will give a description.  When I called, the CSR told me that 740 or above is excellent credit, 680+ is good credit, and anything below 680 falls into the other ranges.  They refi'd my 17.5% car loan to 11.5% a few years ago, then dropped me to 4.95% in 2008. 

Super Congrats, Patty!

So, for the benefit of all:

1.  How many recent inquires did you have prior to app?

2.  How many new accounts did you have prior to app?

3.  What if any derogs?

4.  What is your utilization?

5.  What was your highest CL (reported) prior to app?

I ask, because you obtained the lowest fixed rate with scores less than 740.  So obviously other factors relate to the APR.

Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

So, for the benefit of all:

1.  How many recent inquires did you have prior to app? 1 - EQ

2.  How many new accounts did you have prior to app? none showing on CB yet, but PenFed is only acct less than 6 mo

3.  What if any derogs? old baddies from late 2004, early 2005

4.  What is your utilization? less than 7% (paid off Lowe's)

5.  What was your highest CL (reported) prior to app? $10.6k - Citi

I ask, because you obtained the lowest fixed rate with scores less than 740.  So obviously other factors relate to the APR.

I have actually always qualified for the lowest fixed rate there for my car loans, likely because I am an existing customer and have always paid on time.  Be prepared to show proof of income.  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

INCOME???!!!!!????   You need income???!!!!????   That's just downright unreasonable!

Smiley Wink 

Message 23 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

INCOME???!!!!!????   You need income???!!!!????   That's just downright unreasonable!

Smiley Wink 

What's interesting to me is that PenFed never asked for it, but UFCU did.  Hmmm.
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

How was the CL determined?  Did they ask you what your desired limit was, or do you apply and they auto assign one? 

The only accounts that did not ask for income verification for me was PSECU, Discover, CapOne.

Alliant initially pre-approved me, but their system glitched and it took an LO to get my CC right and he asked me to "fax paystubs for the file"

Of course, with PenFed I asked for $25k, so asking for pay stubs is probably to be expected.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-01-2009 08:30 AM
Message 25 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How was the CL determined?  Did they ask you what your desired limit was, or do you apply and they auto assign one? 

The only accounts that did not ask for income verification for me was PSECU, Discover, CapOne.

Alliant initially pre-approved me, but their system glitched and it took an LO to get my CC right and he asked me to "fax paystubs for the file"

Of course, with PenFed I asked for $25k, so asking for pay stubs is probably to be expected.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-01-2009 08:30 AM

The first thing they asked was my desired limit.  I hate that question, but the CSR told me that they counter if the limit is too high.  I asked for the $10K outright, so maybe I'll get $20K in a few years.  This is now my lowest APR card, second to BofA (7.24%). 
Message 26 of 38
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the new card!  I have listed the CU on my task list for down the road, since I've already added four CUs lately.  Great tip.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for the CC my score was in the 600s something.  I requested for $3K initially, and they approved. They were really nice and friendly. The only thing I dislike is everytime you want to increase your CL they always do a hard pulled on your credit report. They always pulled mine from Equifax, so always a ding ding..

BTW, I have the Mastercard Great Rates with the UT tower image...

Message 28 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

Yeah, that's the one I want, too.  They didn't ask me which one, but maybe because I still have to submit my payment receipts to them.  It's a hassle being self-employed, especially as a consultant, because contracts are confidential.  
Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be okay. They are all nice ppl are UFCU..

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.