Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with UFCU in TX?

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Experience with UFCU in TX?

I started with 1 in 12/07 and opened another in 8/08 both opened with 5K CL.   I merged them this year and bumped it up to 15K without them blinking an eye at it.  They will work with you and are great to deal with.  I had my car though them as well and when I would change brackets with them they'd run CR and bump it down accordingly without a fee.  Just recently refi'd the car after being with JFCU in VA for 4.49% @ ATFCU without too many questions as well.
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:
@I started with 1 in 12/07 and opened another in 8/08 both opened with 5K CL.   I merged them this year and bumped it up to 15K without them blinking an eye at it.  They will work with you and are great to deal with.  I had my car though them as well and when I would change brackets with them they'd run CR and bump it down accordingly without a fee.  Just recently refi'd the car after being with JFCU in VA for 4.49% @ ATFCU without too many questions as well.

Congrats on the successes!

Can you share a few stats?  When you merged and bumped your CL this year, what is your FICO and CR looking like?  Any derogs?  How much uti?   What does your other CL's look like?  AAoA and oldest?

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:
@I started with 1 in 12/07 and opened another in 8/08 both opened with 5K CL.   I merged them this year and bumped it up to 15K without them blinking an eye at it.  They will work with you and are great to deal with.  I had my car though them as well and when I would change brackets with them they'd run CR and bump it down accordingly without a fee.  Just recently refi'd the car after being with JFCU in VA for 4.49% @ ATFCU without too many questions as well.

I just looked online - they do eDeposits the same way the other CU's do.  Very cool. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined NFCU and Addison.  I think I might consider this one too! 

Oh and PSECU.  I went to a qualifying school.  So that experian fico looks nice and I read some posts that they are pretty credit friendly.

I want to add 3-5 good accounts.  so far I have

NFCU $20k  (equifax pull) hasn't yet reported account

Addison $15k (pending app, but they requested paystubs and w2 - so think this looking good) (experian pull)

Any other suggestions

Message 34 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

Wow - you've got some excellent limits there.  Someday...
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of my CC's aren't so great.

BoA Plat Plus $10k
Wamu PC to Chase Freedom+ $3.5k

Juniper $2k

Target Visa $1k

OldNavy $1.15k

Chevron $1.5k

Orchard $800

CapOne $750

PayPal $300

New Accts:
NFCU $20k

Addison (PENDING) $15k  (requested paystubs/w2)

Discover ?Something?  Don't know CL or type of card for sure....they keep confusing me (I made new post on this one in main CC threads)

Message Edited by Angel73 on 08-02-2009 10:48 AM
Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOw that is a huge load of credit cards account. I think 4 credit card is MAX..

how can you manage all yuor finance and credit card that many?

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

WOw that is a huge load of credit cards account. I think 4 credit card is MAX..

how can you manage all yuor finance and credit card that many?

I plan to cancel Orchard, CapOne, PayPal and possibly Target. 

Since they add very little to my available CL's and will continue to help age for 10 years, I don't see a reason to keep them.

Message Edited by Angel73 on 08-02-2009 08:23 PM
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.