Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences with Chase and Citi?

tag
wahoojack13
New Contributor

Experiences with Chase and Citi?

Waiting on my Freedom and Simplicity cards in the mail, just curious about peoples experiences with these companies with using the cards and or apping for them......

Filed Chapter 7 09/02/2015 - 341 meeting 10/02/2015, Just patiently waiting until discharge so i can start start over!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Experiences with Chase and Citi?

@wahoojack13 wrote:

Waiting on my Freedom and Simplicity cards in the mail, just curious about peoples experiences with these companies with using the cards and or apping for them......

applying for chase has been a pleasant experience. recon is easy to talk to and approachable and makes a lot of things much easier.

as for Chase CSR, they're all very well informed and it's relatively easy to work with them, even for non-CSP CSRs. Chase's and Citi's checking account department however,  is quite a nightmare to talk to.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
wahoojack13
New Contributor

Yes I do agree with the CR at CHase, they were pretty nice to me as well.  NOW CAP ONE is a whole different story...lol

Filed Chapter 7 09/02/2015 - 341 meeting 10/02/2015, Just patiently waiting until discharge so i can start start over!
Message 3 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

CIti's checking account CSR sounds like idiots on a high horse. Sometimes it makes me wonder why I even use them as my primary checking account.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 14
wahoojack13
New Contributor

Really that bad huh? lol

Message 5 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I LOVE Chase/
Cit, otoh...is well... Chiti as some other famous poster here posted..
Can't beat free money for 18 months though... Loving my Diamond Preferred!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I LOVE Chase/
Cit, otoh...is well... Chiti as some other famous poster here posted..
Can't beat free money for 18 months though... Loving my Diamond Preferred!

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So far, so good with Chase. I also had a Chase auto loan and they were great too. Except, I really would like them to update the status on my cr as PIF! Argh!
Message 8 of 14
danielodonoll
New Contributor

I deposit 600k in Chase business checking every year and they still refuse to open a Freedom 1k for bs reasons

Citi didnt think twice and approve me for 30k with out any checking relationship

So NO Chase can go fish now

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 9 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Despite being one who detests Jamie Dimon, I must say my experiences with Chase have been good, especially in the last year or so.  Customer service whether in-person or via telephone has really improved. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.