TwentyTwelve

Explain Barclays rewards

When I go to the program overview on the website, I think most of it is missing. I've looked at the FAQ, but I'm still not clear. I've never had a reward card before, so I'm not sure of the procedure for redeeming points. 

Anyone have the Barclays rewards mastercard and wouldn't mind explaining to me how points work? I know that I earn 2 for each dollar of certain kinds of purchases, and 1 for others. But how do you redeem points? 

Frequent Contributor
aamex

Re: Explain Barclays rewards

TwentyTwelve wrote:

When I go to the program overview on the website, I think most of it is missing. I've looked at the FAQ, but I'm still not clear. I've never had a reward card before, so I'm not sure of the procedure for redeeming points. 

Anyone have the Barclays rewards mastercard and wouldn't mind explaining to me how points work? I know that I earn 2 for each dollar of certain kinds of purchases, and 1 for others. But how do you redeem points? 

Only on statement credits of 25$ or more. Not worth it unless this is your primary card. 2,500 points = 25 redemption. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
TwentyTwelve

It is my primary card, for now. Ok, say for example I wanted to buy a plane ticket with my points. Do I purchase the plane ticket normally and then go into the website and apply points to my statement? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a serious noob. 

New Contributor
Twizzle

[ Edited ]

Yes. Just buy your tix as you normally would and wait for the points to appear. 

When you have enough points and a purchase that qualifies you just redeem your points in your acct online. What's nice is you can do a partial redemption now too.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+