Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain Please

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Explain Please

Can someone explain to me what this means. 

Backstory - I tried via CA's post about calling for Comenity CLI's.  I tried JCrew to no success. Tried on a couple other ones I had with no success either.  I got the letters in the mail and for the other two, it basically said that the accounts were to new and they wanted to see consistent payment/use etc.  Understandable as they are about 7 months old.  But for JCREW it said something completely different.  I will post what the letter said:

The decline reasons as follows:

1.  Limited credit experience - AAoA about 3 years but do have some newer accounts opened within the past 6 months, so semi-understandable.

2.  High outstanding balances in relation to credit limit - Utilization, understandable.

3.  Unable to verify credit history - This is the one I don't understand.

None of my reports are frozen, all of the information in those reports is accurate.  So anyone have a clue why this is a reason.  I am used to seeing the "standard" reasons, but this one threw me.

Any and all help is appreciated Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Explain Please

@Eyisila wrote:

Can someone explain to me what this means. 

Backstory - I tried via CA's post about calling for Comenity CLI's.  I tried JCrew to no success. Tried on a couple other ones I had with no success either.  I got the letters in the mail and for the other two, it basically said that the accounts were to new and they wanted to see consistent payment/use etc.  Understandable as they are about 7 months old.  But for JCREW it said something completely different.  I will post what the letter said:

The decline reasons as follows:

1.  Limited credit experience - AAoA about 3 years but do have some newer accounts opened within the past 6 months, so semi-understandable.

2.  High outstanding balances in relation to credit limit - Utilization, understandable.

3.  Unable to verify credit history - This is the one I don't understand.

None of my reports are frozen, all of the information in those reports is accurate.  So anyone have a clue why this is a reason.  I am used to seeing the "standard" reasons, but this one threw me.

Any and all help is appreciated Smiley Very Happy

How many TL's do you have on your reports ???  Did you see where they did a HP ??? Also has anything changed in your personal info ??

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Are you trying the "shopping Cart" trick? Its pretty hit or miss for me mostly miss. I haven't been successful with jcrew express or victoria secret. I have decent credit score and an clean credit report, so i really don't know what the exact trick is 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 5
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

@Wade

How many TL on my reports?  Per TU report from this month (which basically is the same as EQ/EX) there are 10 "good standing" accounts and 5 "adverse" ones.

Has anything changed with my personal info?  No, everything has been the same for 7 years at least.

Did you see where they did a HP?  No HP done.

@Mong

This was not the cart trick.  That is how I initially got the card in Dec of last year.  I was trying the call in and request an increase thing that Credit Addict and others have had success with for the Comenity cards. 

It was just a SP so no harm, I just thought it was odd that the cards, JCREW, VS and Woman Within were all opened within weeks of each other and the other 2 came back with the "to new account" letter and JCrew came back with this. And that last part/reason just confuses me.

Message 4 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

If I remember reading right. I think they like 9 months credit history on current card before giving a CLI. At that time you can keep hitting the love button until denied.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.