Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain to me why I was declined for a airline credit card

Established Contributor

Re: Explain to me why I was declined for a airline credit card

09Lexie wrote:
Guess we will never know what cc?

Like pulling teeth

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Moderator Emerita

Senior Contributor

A way to keep us in suspense
Regular Contributor

He'll be back. Mark my words. 

Mega Contributor

TommyL wrote:

Actually I don't need more any credit cards. I have so many pre approved credit mailed to me.  Because I am planning travel more that why I apply the card for free ticket. It was very suprised when I was declined for a card. My house and my cars were pay off, NO balance on any cards. I have a card that I use evereyday but I pay off when I get statement. No late payment of  any kind.My job is stable. I still don't get it.. I don't need to fight for that.  I will use my AMEX. Thanks for all your answers

Credit is not something that guaranteed to you. Its a privilege. AMEX has their reasons for denying you, fix them and get over the entitlement attitude.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
New Visitor

I don't want point my finger at the bank, I respect their decisions. It's not a big deal to me.

Valued Contributor

TommyL wrote:

I don't want point my finger at the bank, I respect their decisions. It's not a big deal to me.

you still not going to tell us what credit card you applied for?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Highlighted
Moderator Emerita

@TommyL

I'm confused; you asked a question in the topics title, gave us some background information but 'don't want to point finger'? The bank in question may have credit requirements/criteria that someone on this forum may be able to help (from their own personal experience) answer your question.

Fine if you do not want to spill the information. I just don't know why you asked the question.
Valued Member

He can't say.
If he told you that it was Her majesty's secret service bank he would lose his 00 rating.
Established Contributor

Suspected troll thread.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14