Explain to me why I was declined for a airline credit card

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Explain to me why I was declined for a airline credit card

@09Lexie wrote:
Guess we will never know what cc?

Like pulling teeth

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 21 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 22 of 32
john398
Senior Contributor

A way to keep us in suspense
Message 23 of 32
Joteism
Regular Contributor

He'll be back. Mark my words. 

Message 24 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually I don't need more any credit cards. I have so many pre approved credit mailed to me.  Because I am planning travel more that why I apply the card for free ticket. It was very suprised when I was declined for a card. My house and my cars were pay off, NO balance on any cards. I have a card that I use evereyday but I pay off when I get statement. No late payment of  any kind.My job is stable. I still don't get it.. I don't need to fight for that.  I will use my AMEX. Thanks for all your answers

Credit is not something that guaranteed to you. Its a privilege. AMEX has their reasons for denying you, fix them and get over the entitlement attitude.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want point my finger at the bank, I respect their decisions. It's not a big deal to me.

Message 26 of 32
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't want point my finger at the bank, I respect their decisions. It's not a big deal to me.

you still not going to tell us what credit card you applied for?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 27 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TommyL

I'm confused; you asked a question in the topics title, gave us some background information but 'don't want to point finger'? The bank in question may have credit requirements/criteria that someone on this forum may be able to help (from their own personal experience) answer your question.

Fine if you do not want to spill the information. I just don't know why you asked the question.
Message 28 of 32
bradpitt
Valued Member

He can't say.
If he told you that it was Her majesty's secret service bank he would lose his 00 rating.
Message 29 of 32
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Suspected troll thread.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.