Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Max Limit

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Express Max Limit

Recently friend asked for CLI and he got e-mail back saying he was at max ($2740) Anyone else heard of max limits with WFNB cards?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Express Max Limit

that's kind of a weird number.  can't help you though, our highest limit on one of their cards is 1520 (such weird numbers!)

oh, actually our victoria's secret card is at 1700...forgot they are wfnnb too.

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I know they go higher with other products because I have $3000 with West Elm oh and come to think of it he has $3600 at Value City
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont think the exact numbers are that relevant. 

If a consumer is anywhere being maxed on CL, and wants more, what does that tell the CCC?

It tells them that the consumer is either requesting a CLI in order to reduce his FICO % util, of which they dont care one whit, or else the consumer is seeking more credit in order to make more charges.  More charges mean more accrual of debt, and thus more risk to the CCC.

If I were the CCC, my call would be simple.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If a consumer is anywhere being maxed on CL, and wants more, what does that tell the CCC?

It tells them that the consumer is either requesting a CLI in order to reduce his FICO % util, of which they dont care one whit, or else the consumer is seeking more credit in order to make more charges.  More charges mean more accrual of debt, and thus more risk to the CCC.

umm I completely disagree with you on this post.  My post had nothing to do with diluting debt or trying to purchase more, but CLI are usually obtainable every 6 months on your credit accounts, why not take what's free for the taking and the e-mail stated this was the max, I was simply sharing that for the information to others and kind of question the weird max when other WFNB cards have higher maxes

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I think you misunderstood. He wasn't saying his friend's card was maxed out, he said that the issuing bank had a maximum credit limit they would give out, and that his friend had hit it. For all we know his friend has zero balance.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.