cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Preapproval (Shopping Cart Trick)

tag
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

Re: Express Preapproval (Shopping Cart Trick)

It also won't work if you've opted out... That was our problem. I went and opted back in, and within a week or so, we started getting the pop-ups. 

Message 21 of 76
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@scarzy wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@snowkitty wrote:

Congrats!! I declined the express card but I do have a victoria secret and brylane home card with commenity. When I called asking about a cli, they told me you have to wait 9 months. Hopefully they will be more like GE after that.

I was also told 9 months but I was able to get a CLI on my J.Crew card after having it for barely 2 months. Weird.

I also got a CLI with J. Crew, but I bought a couple of things during the 2 months.

The other Comenity's store cards were declined for the CLI. Maybe because I haven't used it yet?

It's so strange. I've only made two purchases on my J.Crew card and was able to get an increase. On the other hand, I've used my Express card a couple times a month since I've had it (I've had it since December) and keep getting NO on CLI. Guess I'll have to keep waiting on that one.

J. Crew probably wanted me to go spend some more $$$. lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 22 of 76
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I accepted woman within bc they had bagallinis on sale, got vs for 500 and 250 for express also.
Message 23 of 76
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 24 of 76
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

How do you know if you opted out and how do you opt back in?
Message 25 of 76
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Erinkkelly wrote:

I would assume that if you don't remember opting out then you probably are still opted in.  Nonetheless here is the website for both opt-in and opt-out.

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 26 of 76
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@jdirilo wrote:
Geez I still can't get those damn cart tricks to work for anything! What's the average score they require for the pre approval to appear?

I have heard the average score for preapproval is around 640 but each store can set its own criteria and also I have no way of testing it myself cause I never get the popups to work myself. I think it is because I am opted out of everything.  I know some who are opted out have reported that they still get the pop-up thing to work but it doesn't work for me. It ok I don't look good in women's underwear from Victoria's Secret anyway. I did have a victoria's secret card in college that i used to use to buy stuff for my girlfriend . I wonder if I could reapply and get it backdated like amex does.    Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 76
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Erinkkelly wrote:

www.optoutprescreen.com

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 76
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It has taken me 5-6 years to get even near a$3k limit on my Express and Abercombie cards LOL... They grow steadily, buy not quickly
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 76
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

@jdirilo wrote:
Geez I still can't get those damn cart tricks to work for anything! What's the average score they require for the pre approval to appear?

I have heard the average score for preapproval is around 640 but each store can set its own criteria and also I have no way of testing it myself cause I never get the popups to work myself. I think it is because I am opted out of everything.  I know some who are opted out have reported that they still get the pop-up thing to work but it doesn't work for me. It ok I don't look good in women's underwear from Victoria's Secret anyway. I did have a victoria's secret card in college that i used to use to buy stuff for my girlfriend . I wonder if I could reapply and get it backdated like amex does.    Smiley Happy

I assume it's lower than 640 for preapproval. I got pop ups with 100% final approval at around 612ish, 2 collections and a judgement.....

Message 30 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.