cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Preapproval (Shopping Cart Trick)

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Re: Express Preapproval (Shopping Cart Trick)

I just got finished doing j crew express and VS...$250 for JCrew, VS was $500, but oddly, express noted that I had been approved, would receive my card in 14 days, but didn't say how much my limit was. Should I call them or check online for my limit? Should I get an email confirming my approval??
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 31 of 76
bluewillow
New Contributor

I've tried and tried for a JJIll approval pop up but no luck. Do not want an inq on the report....years ago was preapproved during the check out for a One Stop Plus but can not use them anymore since dieting...                                  

Message 32 of 76
creditYum
Established Member

I never knew about this. Pretty nifty little trick. I wasn't able to get the popup for Express, but I got it for J.Crew. I did not pull the trigger and apply, however.

Also pre-approved for VS @ $750. Nice to know the option is there.

I will definitely keep this in mind for the future.

Edit:

After looking into it, I was able to get the Express popup. If you are having trouble, I would try using an incognito window within google chrome, or clear all of your cache in your browser. I am thinking since I visit express.com a decent amount, thats why I didn't get the popup. The message will literally 'popup' over the screen once you fill in your name and address in the checkout screen. No approval amount was mentioned.

Message 33 of 76
kanokphan
Valued Member

i just got approved too thak you for sharing the tricks Woman Very Happy

Starting Score: 592 Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 750

NFCU#7,500 NFL#900 AMZ STORE CARD#1,200 VICTORIAS#500 AMZ CHASE#400 DISCOVER#1500 CAP1#500 BML PAYPAL#500 BML HP#2,000 USAA CLASS PLAT MC#1,000 EXP#250 HSN#500 JCrew#250
Message 34 of 76
toi34
Established Contributor

After you officially "opt-in" how long does it take this feature to work?

Message 35 of 76
krislee
Valued Member

I did this and got the popup screen. I filled in the info and clicked okay then nothing. The screen closed and I wasn't given any confirmation of whether or not I was approved. Should I reapply or do I just have to wait and see if the card is in my mailbox after 14days? My score is in the mid-700s for all three bureaus.

Message 36 of 76
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

yes it does grow with you as long as you use it. (so ive heard) 

and it should be a soft pull if you got the pop up. 

it still hits aaoa and you do get a new account ding but no inquries. 

+1

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 37 of 76
MsAqua
New Visitor

Same thing happened to me, kmpxx... Perhaps someone else here has had a similar issue and can share their experience. Smiley Happy  We shall see... Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 76
krislee
Valued Member

@MsAqua wrote:

Same thing happened to me, kmpxx... Perhaps someone else here has had a similar issue and can share their experience. Smiley Happy  We shall see... Smiley Happy

I called yesterday after it happened and the CSR told me to try again and if the same thing happens then to call the credit card department on Monday. I told her I didn't want to get two of the same card and was told that that wouldn't happen. I haven't tried apping again because my laptop tend to freak out when I try to shop on the site.

Message 39 of 76
jtaber79
Established Member

Same thing happened to me.

I got the pre-approved popup screen. I clicked the "Yes, I'm Interested" button, proceeded to the next screen which is where You put in the last 4 of SSN, date of birth and phone #. Then clicked the Submit to open account button and the popup screen disappeared and nothing else. I wasn't given any confirmation.

Now, if I clear my cookies, I get the popup screen to appear again, so at this point I think something is wrong with their application page.

Starting Scores 5/2/2010: 580 (EX FAKO) 605 (EQ) 609 (TU) | CH7 BK Discharged 7/2009
Current Scores as of 06/20/13: 700 (EX FAKO - Credit.com) 694 (MyFICO EQ) 709 (Bank TU Pull)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Community America CU: $5k
Jared Jewelry: $2.8k
CFNA Firestone: $1.4k
Merrick Bank Visa: $1.7k
Capital One Platinum MC: $1.2K
Paypal Mastercard: $800
Kay Jewelry: $800
Capital One Cash Rewards: $750
Nebraska Furniture Mart: $700
Wal-Mart: $500
Q-Card: $400
Old Navy: $200
Message 40 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.