cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Preapproval (Shopping Cart Trick)

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Re: Express Preapproval (Shopping Cart Trick)

Message 51 of 76
toi34
Established Contributor

I don't think Express works for me because the payment page is on the same page that you enter your info??????
Message 52 of 76
stuve

@toi34 wrote:

After you officially "opt-in" how long does it take this feature to work?

I don't ever recall opting-out of this but not surprised as I normally hate getting junkmail and the like. 

Anyway, I went to the website and opted-in.  Right after that, I went to the J.Crew website and did the cart trick and lo and behold--it worked!  So apparently, it's pretty instantaneous.  I'm excited as I had been trying at Victoria's Secret and never got a pop-up to appear.  I've been trying to rebuild my credit and it's been tough without getting approved for much so this is a step in the right direction!

Message 53 of 76
Anf_dude
Contributor

This Was A Tab On My safari Which I rodent Use Often So I received To Try It Just Now And I Was Approved.! How Do I Check what My Credit Line Is.?
Message 54 of 76
highfrogs
Established Member

You have to call 1(800)201-4955, and when the automated message asks you what you need help with say "what is my credit line?". She will tell you the balance and available limit on the card. Just did this.

In My Wallet: Duck Card 10000, Beaver Card 5000, Paypal Smart Connect 1600, Barclay Card 1500, DiscoverIT 1500, Citi Thank You Preferred 1200, Care Credit 1200, Victoria's Secret Store 750, Citi AT&T Savings & Rewards 600, Express 250, Brylane Home 250
FICO Scores: TransUnion 690 (01/14), Experian 686 (11/13) and Equifax 695 (01/14)
Goal: 750+
Want: Citi Dividend, Chase Freedom, Amex Blue Cash Everyday, US Bank Cash +
Message 55 of 76
Anf_dude
Contributor

@ Zr30

It's A Store Card, So It Can Only be Used At Express.
Message 56 of 76
z3r0

@Anf_dude wrote:
@ Zr30

It's A Store Card, So It Can Only be Used At Express.

thanks for the answer

Message 57 of 76
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

I just did this for Expresss and it worked for me, I had about $360 in my cart, it approved me but didn't give me a limit but I had the option to pay for my whole order with the card. I deleted everything from my shopping bag and now I don't know how to access my card anymore! I didn't get an email so hopefully I'll just get it in the mail soon. This will definitley be a soft pull, right? It only asked for last four of my social. I'm gardening so if I get a hard pull I have to reset my time lol

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 58 of 76
secondchance1
New Visitor

I have tried to do this trick with Express and Victoria's Secret a number of times with no luck at all. I also tried the suggested last 4 of my zip code....nothing!!! Anyone else still striking out?!?

Message 59 of 76
Craaaig
Valued Member

oooo so I got the pop up. First time doing a shopping cart trick so this is kind of cool and I do shop at express. Debating on pulling the trigger ... I have so many new accounts opened this is just going to eat my AAoA alive.
Discover IT $5k | Target RED $1.5k | Capital One QuicksilverOne $1k | EXPRESS Next A-List $990 | Barclay Rewards $850 | Capital One Platinum $500
Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.