Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Shopping Cart Trick Issue

tag
Sheisaking
Contributor

Express Shopping Cart Trick Issue

Hi!

I just learned about the shopping cart trick and wanted to give it a shot. I get the pre approval pop up. I fill everything out. I hit submit. The box goes away. Then nothing. I get no approval, no notice I will get something in the mail, nothing. It just goes back to the payment screen as though I did nothing. I called to make sure it didn't process. They have no approval. I asked if I was declined would they see it. The rep said no. I checked my credit report to see if there was a credit pull. Nothing there. Anyone have this issue? Anyone know how I can fix it? Help please. I've been able to clear my history and do this whole process a few times. I get the pop up each time which makes me feel like the system is just not processing my application at all.

Starting Score: 400s
Current Score: Equifax: 676, TransUnion: 710, Experian: 721
Goal Score: 750 or higher

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jaeroc
Established Member

Re: Express Shopping Cart Trick Issue

Hey,

Sorry I can't help just jumping on your thread.

I'm also having the same exact issue.  And same thing with J Crew, when I click I'm interested it gives me a "Hmmm... it seems we are unable to process your request, sorry for the inconvinience".  Then it redirects me to the home page.  

If anyone finds a solution please update!!!

Message 2 of 18
KeepingScores
Established Member

I wish that I had a solution for you.  I'm a good researcher so I'll see if I can find what's up.

I do have a question for you.  I can't get the popup to appear for me.  At what stage of the shopping cart does it appear?  After you pay?  After you put in your information.  If you can, please be specific.

Thanks and I'll get back to you when I get more information or a solution for you.

Message 3 of 18
jaeroc
Established Member

For express it appears as I'm entering my address.  Right after I enter the zipcode.

Message 4 of 18
KeepingScores
Established Member

Geez!

I just found out what my problem may be.  Last year, I opted out, so I may not be receving the popups for that reason. 

So for anyone what needs to opt out or opt back in, visit https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t and choose the appropriate action. I just opted back in a few moments ago, but I have no idea how long it takes to become effective.

Now, back to researching a solution for YOU!

Message 5 of 18
Sheisaking
Contributor

Something else I just noticed. I checked my credit report and it shows that there was a soft pull for both express and loft even though I can't get the application to go through. When I call them, they say they have no account on file for those cards. I'm just going to hold off on those for now. I just got the J. Crew and the Sportsman's Guide cards.

Message 6 of 18
jaeroc
Established Member

When did you get the J Crew?

Message 7 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Sheisaking wrote:

Hi!

I just learned about the shopping cart trick and wanted to give it a shot. I get the pre approval pop up. I fill everything out. I hit submit. The box goes away. Then nothing. I get no approval, no notice I will get something in the mail, nothing. It just goes back to the payment screen as though I did nothing. I called to make sure it didn't process. They have no approval. I asked if I was declined would they see it. The rep said no. I checked my credit report to see if there was a credit pull. Nothing there. Anyone have this issue? Anyone know how I can fix it? Help please. I've been able to clear my history and do this whole process a few times. I get the pop up each time which makes me feel like the system is just not processing my application at all.

Their whole thing is buggy this week. Some have had better luck using Internet Explorer or Chrome...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 18
Sheisaking
Contributor

@jaeroc wrote:

When did you get the J Crew?

I applied and was approved for J. Crew on the 18th. I haven't received the physical card yet. I applied and was approved for Sportsman's Guide on the 21st. I haven't recieved that one either. 

Message 9 of 18
Sheisaking
Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Sheisaking wrote:

Hi!

Their whole thing is buggy this week. Some have had better luck using Internet Explorer or Chrome...

Thank you.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.