Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express WFNNB Approval Finally --Update and Backdoor Number

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Express WFNNB Approval Finally --Update and Backdoor Number

Hello all. Thanks for the advice in my previous post about this subject. I had applied for the account. I got the 7-10 day message. I kept calling customer service and they kept saying that if I were not approved right away they would have no way to get a status update on what's going on. THis means that I would end up waiting 7-10 days before understanding whats what. As I stated I didn't think there would be anyway I would get a declination. I knew it had to be the fraud alert. I had identity theft but we cleared that all up and now I have an alert. I've always had to call in right away after the application, and they would verify and approve. I didn't feel like waiting 7-10 only to call, get approved, and then wait another 7-10 days but I couldn't get to a backdoor number so I found this:

614-729-5000

I called it and selected the account protection option. I played dumb and said that I had gotten a letter and called in. He looked up my information, found my application, and asked questions then approved me for a $900 CL. Kind of sucky but oh well!!

Glad I called!! Don't understand why the customer service line with Express wouldn't just have transfered me to that department even after I told them that I usually have to call in to verify information because of fraud....ohh well hope this number comes in handy to someone else like it did me!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Express WFNNB Approval Finally --Update and Backdoor Number

Congrats! I applied last week for the reeds jewelers card with them and got the same message. I've called twice to check the status and get nowhere. I can't believe the can't tell me anything. I get preapprovals on their other sites but then I get a wait and see message from that one. I can't find any other numbers....it's so frustrating!
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all. Thanks for the advice in my previous post about this subject. I had applied for the account. I got the 7-10 day message. I kept calling customer service and they kept saying that if I were not approved right away they would have no way to get a status update on what's going on. THis means that I would end up waiting 7-10 days before understanding whats what. As I stated I didn't think there would be anyway I would get a declination. I knew it had to be the fraud alert. I had identity theft but we cleared that all up and now I have an alert. I've always had to call in right away after the application, and they would verify and approve. I didn't feel like waiting 7-10 only to call, get approved, and then wait another 7-10 days but I couldn't get to a backdoor number so I found this:

614-729-5000

I called it and selected the account protection option. I played dumb and said that I had gotten a letter and called in. He looked up my information, found my application, and asked questions then approved me for a $900 CL. Kind of sucky but oh well!!

Glad I called!! Don't understand why the customer service line with Express wouldn't just have transfered me to that department even after I told them that I usually have to call in to verify information because of fraud....ohh well hope this number comes in handy to someone else like it did me!! Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

Good you called in, that app may have been declined if not.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Congrats! They gave me the run around with the VS Card and by the time I wrote in, they gave me some crap about my application being expired. I was looking for a number on this board and never found it. Glad someone was able to.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

wow!!!! Congrats!! That is a low limt, BUT for a starting limit with Express, that's pretty dang high!!!!

My $2,750 is still higher :-P haha but I've also had it since '07! once those rewards start rolling in, you'll be SO happy you did it!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 8
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.