TOMMY_BOY

Express WFNNB Approval Finally --Update and Backdoor Number

Hello all. Thanks for the advice in my previous post about this subject. I had applied for the account. I got the 7-10 day message. I kept calling customer service and they kept saying that if I were not approved right away they would have no way to get a status update on what's going on. THis means that I would end up waiting 7-10 days before understanding whats what. As I stated I didn't think there would be anyway I would get a declination. I knew it had to be the fraud alert. I had identity theft but we cleared that all up and now I have an alert. I've always had to call in right away after the application, and they would verify and approve. I didn't feel like waiting 7-10 only to call, get approved, and then wait another 7-10 days but I couldn't get to a backdoor number so I found this:

614-729-5000

I called it and selected the account protection option. I played dumb and said that I had gotten a letter and called in. He looked up my information, found my application, and asked questions then approved me for a $900 CL. Kind of sucky but oh well!!

Glad I called!! Don't understand why the customer service line with Express wouldn't just have transfered me to that department even after I told them that I usually have to call in to verify information because of fraud....ohh well hope this number comes in handy to someone else like it did me!! :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
snowkitty

Re: Express WFNNB Approval Finally --Update and Backdoor Number

Congrats! I applied last week for the reeds jewelers card with them and got the same message. I've called twice to check the status and get nowhere. I can't believe the can't tell me anything. I get preapprovals on their other sites but then I get a wait and see message from that one. I can't find any other numbers....it's so frustrating!
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 7.5k | Boa Travel 9k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 13.5k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Shogun

Congrats!!!!

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Mega Contributor
LS2982

TOMMY_BOY wrote:

Hello all. Thanks for the advice in my previous post about this subject. I had applied for the account. I got the 7-10 day message. I kept calling customer service and they kept saying that if I were not approved right away they would have no way to get a status update on what's going on. THis means that I would end up waiting 7-10 days before understanding whats what. As I stated I didn't think there would be anyway I would get a declination. I knew it had to be the fraud alert. I had identity theft but we cleared that all up and now I have an alert. I've always had to call in right away after the application, and they would verify and approve. I didn't feel like waiting 7-10 only to call, get approved, and then wait another 7-10 days but I couldn't get to a backdoor number so I found this:

614-729-5000

I called it and selected the account protection option. I played dumb and said that I had gotten a letter and called in. He looked up my information, found my application, and asked questions then approved me for a $900 CL. Kind of sucky but oh well!!

Glad I called!! Don't understand why the customer service line with Express wouldn't just have transfered me to that department even after I told them that I usually have to call in to verify information because of fraud....ohh well hope this number comes in handy to someone else like it did me!! :smileyhappy:

Congrats!!!

Good you called in, that app may have been declined if not.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
jordanmedical

Congrats! They gave me the run around with the VS Card and by the time I wrote in, they gave me some crap about my application being expired. I was looking for a number on this board and never found it. Glad someone was able to.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

wow!!!! Congrats!! That is a low limt, BUT for a starting limit with Express, that's pretty dang high!!!!

My $2,750 is still higher :-P haha but I've also had it since '07! once those rewards start rolling in, you'll be SO happy you did it!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Regular Contributor
EandK23

Congrats!!

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+