Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express card - WFNNB

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Express card - WFNNB

does anyone know when this card reports?  does it depend on when you opened the account?

i have other wfnnb cards, but their reporting dates vary from about the 25th to the 30th......i'm curious when i can expect to see an effect on my scores.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Express card - WFNNB

I have a WFNNB J.Crew card, and it updates when my statement cuts.

I had some problems there for a while where it wouldn't then update to $0. Like many store cards, it only generates a statement if I owe. Since I didn't owe, no statement. Since no statement, the older balance remained on the CR's.

I had to dispute two separate times with the bureaus as "incorrect balance," but now when I have a balance post, they will update to $0 the next month.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

it does have a balance, tho, so i'm wondering why it's taking so long.  our other wfnnb cards reported right away.  hmmm......

Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Has it already generated a statement, or is there just a balance hanging out there?

I don't know when mine first reported. I got the card way back in my credit stuck-on-stupid days, long before I was pulling reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

no statement yet.  just got it at the end of july.

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Has it already generated a statement, or is there just a balance hanging out there?

I don't know when mine first reported. I got the card way back in my credit stuck-on-stupid days, long before I was pulling reports.

Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Then I'll bet that you'll have to wait for that to happen.

I use my card so rarely that I can't even tell if I have a certain assigned day of the month for a statement, or if they just wait 4 weeks after I place an order. I'm a pretty feeble user, I'm afraid. I just order clothes as gifts for my rail-thin 6-foot-tall daughter! Smiley Very Happy J.Crew is one of the few stores that sell clothes that reach her wrists and ankles.

Message 6 of 8
tono

I do have the EXPRESS STORE CARD. It reports your balance once your statement cuts and that day varies depending on if you have a balance during the month. Mine is usually on the 27th.
Current Score (3/31/10): EX:721 | EQ:735 | TU:744
Message 7 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

i wasn't thinking when i was paying bills today.....i paid the balance i had on my card.  i wonder if i should have left it there to force a statement.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.