Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express store card

tag
sparker256
Established Member

Express store card

I have express pulled up right now with the store card prescreen (cart trick) and im wondering if i should apply?

ive never even heard of express until finding myfico.com

their prices seem high so i doubt ill ever use the card.. is it even worth getting?? could it help build credit at all?

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 645,614,617
Goal Score: 650's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Express store card

@sparker256 wrote:

I have express pulled up right now with the store card prescreen (cart trick) and im wondering if i should apply? entirely up to you. depends on your credit needs and what you are trying to achieve.

ive never even heard of express until finding myfico.com

their prices seem high so i doubt ill ever use the card.. is it even worth getting?? personally, i wouldn't apply for the card just for the sake of getting a credit card. but for some people all they want is a credit card to report revolving history, so this serves that purpose just fine. could it help build credit at all? yes it will. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

There are other store cards you can do the shopping cart trick with. Try finding one that you might be able to use. No sense opening a line if its going to not be used at all. 

Message 3 of 7
Chris679
Established Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

There are other store cards you can do the shopping cart trick with. Try finding one that you might be able to use. No sense opening a line if its going to not be used at all. 

100% agree

Message 4 of 7
billywaggs

I have yet to have any of them work for me, but I am below 600 still. Once I am over 600 I will try them again.

Here is the Link to the different stores for the Shopping Cart Trick: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful

Starting: EQ: 489 07/13
Current: EQ: 537 TU: 588
Goal: 650+

Message 5 of 7
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

I realized about two weeks after I got the Express card and ..I think it was J Crew that I would never use them so I closed them. I guess it really depends if you need them for util.

Message 6 of 7
sparker256
Established Member

Sooo since i am trying to rebuild my credit and only have one revolving TL on my credit reports (these are the excuses i give myself to justify my actions Smiley Very Happy) i took the bait on the express card. Instant approval, although i was not told my credit limit.  So as everyone knows theres a certain feeling you get when youre approved Smiley Wink and i went to buckle. wouldnt ya know instant apporved for 250$ credit card.

Im pretty sure both of these store cards are soft pulls since i went the pre-approval method of the cart trick.  

2 store cards instant approval with only soft pulls? ill have to take it! Smiley Happy

i honestly will probably never use these cards much if at all but 3 revolving TL's is better than 1.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 645,614,617
Goal Score: 650's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.