Regular Contributor

Extended Payment Option w/AMEX

Amex keeps offering me the extended payment option on my Buis Gold. They tell me it won't affect the account at all. Should I do it ?

TU / FICO Clasic 04 (767), EQ / Facta Beacon 5.0 (723), EX / Fair Isac Ver 2 (761) 9/28/2010 From the lender.
New Contributor

Re: Extended Payment Option w/AMEX

[ Edited ]

if i were you , i will never take it.

amex always remember your payment patern

always pay in full with amex charged , even they offer the EP

dont let them think you have financial problem. they will kill you

amex love rich customer, they hate poor (like me, LOL)

starting score 549
current score 702 TU , 708 EQ, EX ??
goal score 740

Epic Contributor

+1 NEVER take extended payment options from Amex when your card is designed to be paid in full.  Even Amex credit cards should not rovolve for more than 3 or so months without possibly ending up in there sights for financial review or CLD.  Believe me, I'm revolving a balance on 2 business cards and Amex CLD pretty much whenever they can, even on the personal cards that I was not revolving on.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Regular Contributor

Why do they offer it.........Fishing???

TU / FICO Clasic 04 (767), EQ / Facta Beacon 5.0 (723), EX / Fair Isac Ver 2 (761) 9/28/2010 From the lender.
Epic Contributor

PRILEY wrote:

Why do they offer it.........Fishing???

haha no telling, but in Amex' eyes its probably a good way to find out if any of there cardholders are struggling and just not showing it on a monthly basis because they have to pay in full, then amex drops this in there laps and they take it in desperation... Amex is going to want to know why you needed this offer all of a sudden, then you end up in a finacial review so they can see if you don't have any money anymore.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
New Contributor

may be, they  want to know,

which one is Steve Job (the apple CEO }. and which one is Steve Johnson ( mc donald cashier) lol

starting score 549
current score 702 TU , 708 EQ, EX ??
goal score 740

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the words of the great Admiral Ackbar....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

IT'S A TRAP!

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.