Established Member
cowboy33

Extended Warranties/Purchase Protection w/CC Purchases--Need Some Info

I have finally managed to save enough money to buy a Playstation3. I could just use my debit card for the purchase but I thought it might be better to charge it for the sake of taking advantage of some of the perks I've heard you get with some ccs for a purchase like this. I have never used a cc for this type of purchase and have a few ?s.  Do certain cards extend the mfrs. warranty? If so are there fees? What about damage or theft? What card is best for these types of "perks". What if only a portion of the purchase price is paid for by cc? Thanks for any clarification you can give me. Digging out and scouring over all those card agreements would not be fun for me:smileyhappy:
TU/724 EX/710 EQ/718

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}