Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended app spree...?

tag
m5ind
Established Member

Extended app spree...?

I'd posted a while back after I'd been approved for my AMEX Clear and Gold and Discover It. I'd started my credit journey about 11 months ago with a 5/3 Platinum Mastercard and Cap One Journey.

Well, I couldn't keep the app itch down for too long it seems, riding high on my approvals still, went and apped for the Cap One Cash Rewards MC and got instantly approved about a week ago. Low limit, only $500, but I'll take any little bit anyone is willing to offer me to help keep the utilization % down. Fast forward to today, and I'm in a branch office of Charlotte Metro Credit Union, where I have a savings account, to open a checking account with them as well. The person working with me says that they can approve me with the information they have on hand from my application to join the union and another soft pull she did at the office when I had came in, all I'd need to do was bring up some paystubs to verify my income. I went along with it and brought my stubs in and she approved me right then and there for a 2k limit, my highest and an 8.4% apr.

Very cool place CMCU. After she approved me, she had my card made at the branch right then and I walked out with the card already activated and ready to use. It was nice not having to wait for a card to come in the mail, that's for sure!

Garden time for reals this time, guys. I swear. Someone tie me down in there. Please. Lol...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Re: Extended app spree...?

Awesome spree. Funny thing, I'm in Charlotte too and I was/am very curious about the credit union. How long have you been with them? I'm really considering opening an account. I am currently with BofA. What other accounts do you have with them?
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats see you in the garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
m5ind
Established Member

I've been with the union for about a month now, opened a share savings account first, then did the checking and credit account today. The branch I went into was the one on 74 in Matthews. 

She made the credit app really easy, basically asked what my income was and said she could give me a card with a 2k limit right off the bat with proof of income. I'm sure if you set up direct deposit and they can see your cash flow you won't even need that.

It just blew me away for whatever reason that I could have my card immediatly. lol

Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Wow! Made the cc right there in the branch too!

Congrats!
Message 5 of 7
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Yeah. That's awesome that they made the card inside the branch. I will open mine in the southpark area since that's where I live.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 6 of 7
m5ind
Established Member

They're very easy to work with from my experiences with them so far, I'm very pleased with how smooth everything has gone with them. I actually applied for membership online and was called by their main office to get my account set up. 

I'd like to move my direct deposit over to them too, but still want to keep 5/3 around so I don't have to close my credit account with them. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.