Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Chase CSR AU Cards

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Extra Chase CSR AU Cards

When I requested AU card for my other Chase CC, Chase sent me AU card for the CSR.  But the AU card fee was never assessed and the card is still in the envelope.  The AU card has the same card number and security code as the main card.

Can the AU still use this card? Or Chase has some way to ID this card as an AU card.  The only benefit we can get is the 3% UR on travel and dinning.  So I do not think we take much advantage of it....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Extra Chase CSR AU Cards

As far as I know with Chase, they cannot tell an AU card from a main card. If you cancel any AU card, it can still be used....
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
As far as I know with Chase, they cannot tell an AU card from a main card. If you cancel any AU card, it can still be used....

That is what I thought.  I just do not like to cut the semi-metal CSR card.  It was never requested, never cancelled.  Chase does not see this AU card.  I may just give it to my kid to carry to replace the AU BA Premium card....

Message 3 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@BronzeTrader wrote:

When I requested AU card for my other Chase CC, Chase sent me AU card for the CSR.  But the AU card fee was never assessed and the card is still in the envelope.  The AU card has the same card number and security code as the main card.

Can the AU still use this card? Or Chase has some way to ID this card as an AU card.  The only benefit we can get is the 3% UR on travel and dinning.  So I do not think we take much advantage of it....

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  Because my Citi card (like Chase cards) have same card number, security code, expiration, etc as the main card.  However on places that actually print the name on the receipt, my AU card will show the name print on the card and likewise if I use my own.  Maybe its coded in the card but also may there is a way that Chase/Citi can see this as well?  Thoughts?

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If the card was swiped (or chip), bank can tell by the sequence number. ID may be the same, but sequence numbers are different for each additional user, hence the ability to see AU users name on the recipt.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.