New Contributor
shasta

Extremely disappointed

I did a consolidation loan last month in an effort to gain control of some old, high interest CC's. Best buy, Sears, etc. I did the consolidation through prosper.com.

I was hoping that with the elimination of these debts, while also putting my utilization down to 9%, that I would see a dramatic score increase. I have some baddies that are over 4 years old, so I figured that my utilization was in large part keeping my scores down.

The result? A meager 10 point score increase. Myfico EQ went from 658 to 668. This included a CC debt reduction of $4,000 and utilization from about 70% down to 9%.

I really don't know what else I can do to increase my scores..............oh well, better up than down. lol

Regular Contributor
a3quit4s

Re: Extremely disappointed

Those baddies will fall off soon. Make sure you don't do any apps and you'll see an increase over a few months

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Extremely disappointed

shasta wrote:

I did a consolidation loan last month in an effort to gain control of some old, high interest CC's. Best buy, Sears, etc. I did the consolidation through prosper.com.

I was hoping that with the elimination of these debts, while also putting my utilization down to 9%, that I would see a dramatic score increase. I have some baddies that are over 4 years old, so I figured that my utilization was in large part keeping my scores down.

The result? A meager 10 point score increase. Myfico EQ went from 658 to 668. This included a CC debt reduction of $4,000 and utilization from about 70% down to 9%.

I really don't know what else I can do to increase my scores..............oh well, better up than down. lol

Hey you went from "Not Good" to "Good" on the FICO scale so thats a good thing!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}