Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exxon gas card

tag
darkman
Established Member

Exxon gas card

I applied for a Exxon Mobil gas card and received a messages that I would receive an answer after their 30 day review. What does this mean?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Re: Exxon gas card

@darkman wrote:
I applied for a Exxon Mobil gas card and received a messages that I would receive an answer after their 30 day review. What does this mean?

Go to Jail! Go directly to Jail! Do not pass GO! Do Not Collect $200!

It means your credit file didnt qualify for instant approval and will require a manual review before being approved/rejected. Or it means your file didnt qualify at all and will soon be getting the thanks for applying, but..... letter.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 2 of 16
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

darkman what's the credit history?
Message 3 of 16
darkman
Established Member

I have a 605 fico score. I do have a few new cards. Carnival Seamiles and Hooters. I heard that allot of people get the 30 day review when appling for instant credit then later after calling to check the status find that they have been approved for the card. Is there a recon number for Exxon mobil gas card that I can possibly call?
Message 4 of 16
darkman
Established Member

I am hoping to get this card because I don't have a gas card. I've heard that they are pretty easy to obtain. Is there a recon number for Exxon mobil? P.S. I love this forum. Everyone is so informative. I'm new to this credit thing.
Message 5 of 16
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Wow, im so happy. I wanted a Chevron card but was decline Smiley Sad

Applied for the Exxon after reading this post and was approved

i have many, many, many inquiries. Paid CO's but still are negatives and most CC companies dont care one way or the other, and my score on EQ is a 625, TU is a 601 that hasnt yet dropped from the inquiries according to MYFICO.com.

Call for a recon if your file is better than mine. They just might budge

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 6 of 16
darkman
Established Member

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the Exxon card. I didn't get approved but I'm happy! I decided just to work on the credit I do have. I don't need a gas card like I thought. I won't be applying for anymore credit. I need to take care of the credit cards I do have. In this credit crunch that we are currently in and with 600ish fico scores I have still been able to get credit so I'm happy.Smiley Very Happy I don't have large limits such as 5000 or even 3000 but with my scores I still have been able to get

3- bank cards at $500 each (Hooters, Carnival Miles, First Premier)

1- Walmart card $500

1- Kay jeweler card at $2500

I know in time and with good credit management these cards will grow with me. Today $500 cl but next year $1000 cl. Today 600 fico score tomorrow 685. I thank God for this site because just 2 months ago my fico score was ridiculously low and I had no credit cards. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to contribute to this forum.

Message 7 of 16
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you

At least u could get a Wal-Mart and Hooters. They str8 denied me, no lubrication. My First Premier only has a 250 CL and my Kay and Jareds are only 800. So you are doing pretty well and i wouldnt worry too much about this card

You have some good stuff already, so you are good. I anticipate applying again in Jan because your scores will likely increase by then.

i too have low limits. The Exxon card will be my highest and thats 400 so they said via the message

Tried Shell right after, same type of app, but they gave me your message

Citi is weird.

Message Edited by Sparkz1920 on 09-07-2009 08:26 AM

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am new to the board but my Husband is online all the time on this board and we both find it awesome, he is out of town at the moment and don't want to bug him with such a silly question but I myself are looking for another gas card.

As I do have a chevron gas card as well as two more cards backed with the same bank, but can anyone tell me who backs up Exxon gas card, as I have several credit cards and don't want to apply for a card I may not get if I tend to have the limit on the amount of cards I can get with them at the moment since of history length with them .. I am wanting to leave Texaco as yes it a good card for me but my credit score has gone up so much since I got approved for it over a year ago and they wont increase my limit on chevron or my Walmart but they did up my JCP card to over 2000 after I think 4 months, so IM looking for another card any help with the bank that back s up this card would be great. I did go to site but could not find it Smiley Sad

thanks

Message 9 of 16
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I am new to the board but my Husband is online all the time on this board and we both find it awesome, he is out of town at the moment and don't want to bug him with such a silly question but I myself are looking for another gas card.

As I do have a chevron gas card as well as two more cards backed with the same bank, but can anyone tell me who backs up Exxon gas card, as I have several credit cards and don't want to apply for a card I may not get if I tend to have the limit on the amount of cards I can get with them at the moment since of history length with them .. I am wanting to leave Texaco as yes it a good card for me but my credit score has gone up so much since I got approved for it over a year ago and they wont increase my limit on chevron or my Walmart but they did up my JCP card to over 2000 after I think 4 months, so IM looking for another card any help with the bank that back s up this card would be great. I did go to site but could not find it Smiley Sad

thanks

Citibank

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.