Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCNB/card processiing center Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FCNB/card processiing center Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Hi,

Does anyone know if card processing center is FCNB (Spiegel).  I am trying to figure out if Midland is the first or 2nd CA on my report.  I read on other forums that FCNB went bankrupt.  If that is the case should I dispute with CRA because the debt can not be validated if FCNB is out of business

Trying to clean it up
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FCNB/card processiing center Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

floridateacher wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if card processing center is FCNB (Spiegel).  I am trying to figure out if Midland is the first or 2nd CA on my report.  I read on other forums that FCNB went bankrupt.  If that is the case should I dispute with CRA because the debt can not be validated if FCNB is out of business

Trying to clean it up

WFNNB bought the FCNB credit portfolio.  WFNNB may be able to validate, although you never know.  Often times when assets change hands from one company to another, these records get lost.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So would you DV them in hopes they lost the paperwork, it has already been charged off ans now I am foling around with midland, whom I already DV'd and am waiting for a reply

Trying to clean it up
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

floridateacher wrote:
So would you DV them in hopes they lost the paperwork, it has already been charged off ans now I am foling around with midland, whom I already DV'd and am waiting for a reply

Trying to clean it up

You don't DV an OC.  They have no obligation to respond.  DV only applies to CAs.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar,

I would not technically be DV ing an orignal creditor, just card processing which is presumed to have my paperwork. So what would you do?  Just sit tight with the MIdland DV and hope that pans out?

Trying to clean it up
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry one more thing, Is WFNNB card processing center?  Now I really am confused.

Trying to clean it up
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry one more thing, Is WFNNB card processing center? Now I really am confused.
Trying to clean it up

WFNNB is a bank that "supports" various retail store credit cards, like J.Crew, Victoria's Secret, Eddie Bauer, etc. They are always very friendly to me on the phone, but they drive me absolutely crazy with their reporting, or rather, non-reporting to the CRA's. So just as Citi is the bank behind the Sears card, and GEMB is the bank behind JCPenney's, WFNNB has its own stable of retail store cards.

And one thing I have seen about them online is that they appear to have some of the most vicious and unethical collection practices around.

It sounds like from one of the above posts that WFNNB (World Financial Network National Bank, I think it is) bought Spiegel, along with other accounts that used to be managed by FCNB. So I don't think they're your collection agency; they're your account's new creditor. And as cheddar said, they may or may not be able to find your records.

BTW, for all this stuff, Google is your friend when it comes to finding out who's who out there. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.