Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIA Card Services changing to BofA North Carolina

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: FIA Card Services changing to BofA North Carolina

@bobbay wrote:

FIA is just a corp structure that operated under boa.  it is the old MBNA credit card biz.  as they integrate and streamline operations old  businesses get folded into the primary business.  just my guess

So Bank of America is disolving FIA as its past its usefulness to them and it ran its course basically?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 11 of 20
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

FIA is just a corp structure that operated under boa.  it is the old MBNA credit card biz.  as they integrate and streamline operations old  businesses get folded into the primary business.  just my guess

So Bank of America is disolving FIA as its past its usefulness to them and it ran its course basically?

No. FIA was wholly owned by BoA. BoA is now renaming FIA to BoA. The state of incorporation is changing but that's it.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 12 of 20
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

No. FIA was wholly owned by BoA. BoA is now renaming FIA to BoA. The state of incorporation is changing but that's it.

Not so sure about that... It also says the company they "partner with for travel, retail and assistance benefits will change." There is a website setup to review the changes, but you have to put the first 10 digits of your card, and mine are all in the SD and I am traveling so I can't view right now.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 13 of 20
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

creditaddict said:

"Hopefully this means the Fidelity card will now be under the Bank of America Website with our other BofA card because the FIA website is like im back in middle school it's so old and outdated."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha. Funny, this is exactly why I came to MyFico today. I'm in the same boat. Do you know if the website will indeed be changing??

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. State of the art! FIA can take a hike. Loved MBNA America but FIA is something else...
Message 15 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ztnjpv wrote:

creditaddict said:

"Hopefully this means the Fidelity card will now be under the Bank of America Website with our other BofA card because the FIA website is like im back in middle school it's so old and outdated."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha. Funny, this is exactly why I came to MyFico today. I'm in the same boat. Do you know if the website will indeed be changing??

Heh, not so funny: I was near horrified to find out on the Fidelity Amex approval that I was stuck with a less than stellar online payment option and no mobile app that I could find.  Good grief even my random CU's have a mobile app in some csses for several years.

I'd love if it switched to the BOFA interface, I still think their online / mobile presense is among the best, likewise for several years.

        
Message 16 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Heh, not so funny: I was near horrified to find out on the Fidelity Amex approval that I was stuck with a less than stellar online payment option and no mobile app that I could find.  Good grief even my random CU's have a mobile app in some csses for several years.

I'd love if it switched to the BOFA interface, I still think their online / mobile presense is among the best, likewise for several years.

True, very true. Using BofA online interface would've been a big plus to it.

Message 17 of 20
dta
New Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

Not so sure about that... It also says the company they "partner with for travel, retail and assistance benefits will change." There is a website setup to review the changes, but you have to put the first 10 digits of your card, and mine are all in the SD and I am traveling so I can't view right now.

Curious.. what is the website? Guessing that was something in the mailer. Haven't seen anything yet in my mail.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 18 of 20
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@dta wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

Curious.. what is the website? Guessing that was something in the mailer. Haven't seen anything yet in my mail.

Thought it was I'm someone's screenshot earlier in this thread, but it isn't. Here it is: https://www.benefitinformationcenter.com

I just got the email this morning.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 19 of 20
dta
New Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

Thought it was I'm someone's screenshot earlier in this thread, but it isn't. Here it is: https://www.benefitinformationcenter.com

I just got the email this morning.

Thanks. Hmm.. I was hoping there would be some reference to the change but I guess it's handy to have the benefits listed. After you punch in a card, the linked T&C PDFs still reference FIA CS.
Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.