Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIA Card Services seems to be very tough to get

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

FIA Card Services seems to be very tough to get

Just advice. I have TU 697 and FIA Card Services declined my application. I have one paid collection from 3 years ago. You might want to think before you apply for the FIA Cards so you wont get hit with a hard inq unless you are very sure you would get approved.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FIA Card Services seems to be very tough to get

I got a pre-approval in the mail the other day from them.
I laughed as it went though the sheader.

concorduser wrote:
Just advice. I have TU 697 and FIA Card Services declined my application. I have one paid collection from 3 years ago. You might want to think before you apply for the FIA Cards so you wont get hit with a hard inq unless you are very sure you would get approved.

Message 2 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

About six weeks ago, I got a pre approval from them for a biz card for my biz. I applied for it and they rejected it. I got another preapproval for biz card from them 2 weeks ago. I sent it straight to shredder.
Message 3 of 25
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

These guys are in cahoots with BOA aren't they? I applied for some BOA card long ago and got an inq from FIA.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

FIA is owned by BOA.
Message 5 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FIA is a card desk service of BoA and their underwriting is quite stringent. Concorduser, why are you still apping?
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok fia = boa, but are they seperate or not? when i called about app status for my boa cc they transfered me to a line that answered fia. eventually got the card.

just wondering becuase a cu i'm looking at farms out thier cc products to fia. would they match the boa amex limit? the cu pulls eq, would fia still pull ex like boa, eq like the cu, or tu like they did when i tried to cli?
Message 7 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

dnm45227 wrote:
ok fia = boa, but are they seperate or not? when i called about app status for my boa cc they transfered me to a line that answered fia. eventually got the card.

just wondering becuase a cu i'm looking at farms out thier cc products to fia. would they match the boa amex limit? the cu pulls eq, would fia still pull ex like boa, eq like the cu, or tu like they did when i tried to cli?

Normally FIA pulls TU. At least here in NH.
Message 8 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

fused wrote:
FIA is a card desk service of BoA and their underwriting is quite stringent. Concorduser, why are you still apping?

This not a new app I did. This is from a month ago that I apped after my talk with Amex for Delta Card and FNBO about CLI on my Secured Card. No more apping for me.
Message 9 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dnm45227 wrote:

FIA pulls EX in Hawaii, just like BoA does. I have found their underwriting to be the same. My old MBNA card was carted of to FIA while my wife's old MBNA card went to BoA. Whenever we talk with either of them I can't tell any difference. They ask the same questions and in the same order. The only difference is when the rep gets on the phone and says Thank you for calling BoA (or FIA card services), This is XXXXX how may offer you excellent customer service today Mr./Ms. XXXXXXX.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.